Double-clicking vs single-clicking

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Double-clicking vs single-clicking

Post by Iceman »

Danijel had already reported the behavior some time ago, and I'm pretty sure I wrote down a detailed description of the problem somewhere, I just can´t seem to find it...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, found it:

Actually, this is the Windows pre-defs for CTL and SHIFT doing their thing...

if I have CTL down and double click:
- if nothing is selected, it works fine
- if something is selected and you double-click it, nothing happens (wrong behavior)
- if something is selected and you double-click something else, it adds what is selected (dubious)

if I have SHIFT down and double click:
- if nothing is selected, it selects all items from the top up until the clicked item and adds the first item in the list (wrong behavior)
- if something is selected, it works fine

Can you confirm if this is correct please? Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

For reference:
in systems screen, building purchase,..that shift adds +10 and ctrl adds +5 thing,...or it dosnt like me or its even more broken than it was. im sure this should occur on your side if you try to switch between buildings, like add 10 of 2 different things(it will add last thing selected, regardless what you click)...or in most cases if you deduct something from queue on the left, shift and ctrl wont work at all till you place at least one building without holding them.
whole that thing with ctrl and shift requires that you preselect a certain building add 1 and than use shift/ctrl to add more, and this doesnt work always either, there is no pattern or steps that you can repeat/reproduce at certain point and that will fix the issue.
Thanks Danijel!

Will try to look into Borealis' suggestion to revert to BotF style.

Return to “Supremacy”