Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Katze
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Errors with Supremacy 20171130

Post by Katze »

Hello Iceman,

the first time the error occured was about half an hour since I loaded the attached save game.
But it's very esay to reproduce: Load the attached savegame. Try to build a station with the Construction Ship II at 57,52. You can choose between Science Station and Outpost II. The OK button was disabled (Win 10 64?). Click the Cancel button.

It was not the first station, but the the first station after the science station was available.
I did not scratch a station in this game.
I generated 2 or 3 maps before starting this game. I definitely changed the size of the map and the race, the rest of the settings should be default.
It's the first game after updating to the 20171130 build.

It's some months ago... sorry! Can't remenber any errors of previous releases... :roll:
The last time I did not save regularly and lost about 3 hours of gameplay due to a crash. Was a little bit frustating. But I always come back... addicted. :grin:

Great game!
Attachments
Log.txt
(343 Bytes) Downloaded 100 times
Error.txt
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
SP Dominion Large Irregular 85.sav
(743.98 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks, I'll look into it.
I think I may have gotten the same crash a couple of hours ago, when I clicked the Cancel button.
Oh, thanks for the detailed report!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, it's the same crash I got. When trying to determine station type to play the corresponding sound clip. It was introduced in this release. I will try to fix this.

Sorry about the crashes. I have nailed one of them, and I'm trying a fix for the other one.
I'm glad you're addicted though. ;)

---

Found the source of the crash. Will fix tomorrow.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:13 pm Re the other crash, not sure if it's related but I noticed that if I start a game where the Borg are disabled, and then Retire and start another game with them on, the game will crash on map gen. Apparently the game doesn't reload civs again after retiring from a game, so it cannot find the civID for the Borg to fetch its empire color to draw the starmap... there are a few other issues related to this actually, fixing this one might fix the others.
Fixed this issue for the next release.

Also fixed the Cancel button issue when building a station.
Katze
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Katze »

Great! :up: Can't hardly wait...

Is it possible to use the savegames after upgrading to the next version?
If you could publish the changed files since the last release I would do some testing... :roll:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I think savegames will not be affected, but I'm not 100% sure. But you can have both releases on your pc, and test the savegame with the new one (to be released), and if it doesn't work, continue with the game with the previous (current) release.

Ok, I can post which data files have been changed. There haven't been many though, it's mostly localization, and a few tweaks. And new soundfx.

--

I could use some feedback on game pacing, and resource availability. I think there's still too much dilithium in the game, but reducing its generation (further) doesn't seem to be wise; I'm inclined to increase (double?) the dilithium cost of ships.

Return to “Supremacy”