Scrapping stations

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Scrapping stations

Post by Iceman »

What do you guys feel about changing the current state of scrapping stations (which is bugged BTW) - which is you can scrap any station at any time you wish - to only being able to scrap stations when you have a constrution ship/fleet in the same sector, and having a new fleet order Dismantle Station that will in a single turn remove the station and return the fleet's construction capacity's worth of resources (max) back to the resource pool? The more construction ships you have in the fleet, the more resources you get back, up to the station's costs obviously.
I mean, you need to retrieve at least the crew from the station before scrapping it, right ? ;)
wewantcaptaindan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Scrapping stations

Post by wewantcaptaindan »

Hey hey, been following this project for a few years now and figured I should actually join the forums :P really appreciate the work you guys are doing! BOTF was my jam as a kid and I've been really happy with where this project has been going and that you've kept it going this long.

Anyway, to the topic at hand... I think it would make more sense to get back all resources regardless of how many construction ships you have (after all, you can build a whole station with a single ship) but maybe make it take a few turns. The number of construction ships you have in the fleet could then reduce the time it takes to scrap.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Scrapping stations

Post by Iceman »

Hey wewantcaptaindan , welcome to the forums!
I'm glad you joined, and want to provide feedback.

Yes, that would be the "logical" way to implement it, but the thing is, it would require adding something similar to construction for "deconstructing", which is not trivial, and it would only be used for scrapping stations. Given how often you do this, I'm not sure it's worth it to spend time on such a feature (high cost vs benefit ratio). Hence the suggestion, which takes advantage of what's already in the game - just need to add the order.

Maybe at a later time, when the game is "ready"? ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Supremacy”