Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Col_Dre
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Crash on game start

Post by Col_Dre »

Hi Guys,

Its been awhile but i am a close follower of this most amazing sequel to Botf, with that said i have been downloading the latest versions of the Supremacy releases... its been okay so far until i downloaded the most updated version which is this year. anyway, my problem begins when ever i try to start a game it crashes and in the error log this message always pops up:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

Unable to create the store directory. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131468)

at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetRootDir(IsolatedStorageScope scope, StringHandleOnStack retRootDir)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.InitGlobalsNonRoamingUser(IsolatedStorageScope scope)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetRootDir(IsolatedStorageScope scope)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetGlobalFileIOPerm(IsolatedStorageScope scope)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.Init(IsolatedStorageScope scope)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForAssembly()
at Supremacy.IO.StorageManager.OpenIsolatedStorage() in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyCore\IO\StorageManager.cs:line 45
at Supremacy.IO.StorageManager.ReadSetting[TKey,TValue](TKey key) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyCore\IO\StorageManager.cs:line 110
at Supremacy.Game.GameInitData.CreateSinglePlayerGame(GameOptions options, Int32 localPlayerEmpireID) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameInitData.cs:line 46
at Supremacy.Client.ClientModule.ExecuteStartSinglePlayerGameCommand(Object parameter) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyClient\ClientModule.cs:line 569
at Supremacy.Client.Input.DelegateCommand`1.Execute(T parameter) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Input\DelegateCommand.cs:line 150
at Supremacy.Client.Input.DelegateCommand`1.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Input\DelegateCommand.cs:line 161
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Commands.CompositeCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at Supremacy.Client.Controls.GameCommand.ExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Controls\GameCommand.cs:line 124
at Supremacy.Client.Controls.GameControlBase.OnClick(ExecuteRoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Controls\GameControlBase.cs:line 314
at Supremacy.Client.Controls.GameButtonBase.OnClick(ExecuteRoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Projects\Supremacy VS2017\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Controls\GameButtonBase.cs:line 324

----------------------------------------

i tried to do research to determine what the issue was but somehow i require more training... and more help from you guys... anyway this is it and thank you very much.

Live Long and Prosper and Qaplah to us all...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Crash on game start

Post by Iceman »

Hi Col_Dre!
I split your post from the other topic, which was kind of old ;) I hope you don't mind?

Thanks for your report. Never seen this issue before...

I assume that you are playing the SupremacyTest_20180607 release, right? That's the latest one.

Do you have all the pre-requisites required by the game? Listed here:
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3366

Which OS are you running, just out of curiosity?

Thsi happens after you hit the Start button?
I'll have to check the code (which I can't right now), but it might be an issue with the game creating the autosave, or some other game data (probably the latter). Could it be something related to write permissions in your system?
Apprently you've had no problem playing other builds in the past, has anything changed in your system?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm just trying to be thorough.
Thanks for the report, and Qapla'!

Return to “Supremacy”