20181008 crash

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

rory
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

20181008 crash

Post by rory »

Hi there, My name is Rory and I am new to this forum. I am not sure if this is a windows 10 compatibility problem or I am missing any software that is required to run the game without errors. I will attach the error log to see if anyone can help me with this. Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Attachments
Error.txt
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 20181008 crash

Post by Iceman »

Hi Rory
First of all, welcome to the forums!

Your issue is not related to Win10, or pre-reqs. I've split your post from the thread you posted in, because it's a different issue - hope you don't mind?

I'm going to make a few assumptions, can you confirm them please?

1) You're playing the latest build, 20181008 ?
2) You managed to start the game, and it crashed during gameplay ?

Now, the important questions:

3a) The Borg were enabled or disabled in the Settings screen ?
3b) Special Events were on or off in the Options panel when you started the game ?
4) Was there any empire that had already been eliminated ?

Your issue is related to Agents, the game can't find one of the empires - hence my questions.
I think I've had this crash happen to me some time ago. I'll try to fix it.

Thanks for the report!
rory
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by rory »

Thanks for the welcome. I am playing the latest build. Yes, I am able to play the game. The game usually crashes when I try to offer a diplomatic pact to a minor race. Most crashes happen when you try to offer a membership and complete the turn. The Borg were disabled in the setup screen; special events were on. There was no empire defeated or at least no notifications. Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate the effort that you are putting into this mod.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks!
There is a problem when a minor becomes a member, because of the Intel production facilities. I thought I had fixed it, but alas, I haven't... I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

The error log you posted here though, is another crash. It's a very rare one, that I haven't managed to pin down.

I tried offering an OB treaty and a Membership treaty and got no crashes - other than the Intel one with Membership as described above.
Any info on those crashes would be helpful - if it happens everytime (probably not if I read you post correctly), if it only happens with some specific minor(s), of any tech level in particular, or with a specific trait, etc.
rory
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by rory »

OB treaties have rarely caused a problem. Though I came to the conclusion that the problems only happen with membership treaties with certain minor races. The next time I am able to test the game I'll keep a note of any faults I come across. It's good to see an active and engaging forum.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Membership triggers the Intel crash, I've fixed it now. I should upload a new build tomorrow with this fix, and a couple other enhancements.
The other crash (the one you posted the log) is still not addressed.

Thanks for the feedback!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:38 pm The other crash (the one you posted the log) is still not addressed.
Err, actually I did (try to) address it. Hopefully it's fixed too!
eNGy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by eNGy »

Hi Iceman,

Is the fixed version available yet?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi eNGy

Nope, not yet. Sorry, couldn't upload it today, work and all that... I'll upload it tomorrow, with a couple more changes.
eNGy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by eNGy »

Sounds great! Thx for all the effort you're putting into this.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thx for the support!
While I´m having fun coding the game, you can expect me to work on it as fast as I can.
I have some cool stuff to add, but not enough time...

Return to “Supremacy”