Feedback needed

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Feedback needed

Post by Iceman »

I really would like / need some feedback on some issues, so that I can decide what to do for the next release.

One of those issues is the volume level of the SoundFX for the game (relative to the volume level of the music themes). I lowered the invasion soundfx, the voices for the various civs, and some UI soundfx. In my tests I had mixed results, especially with the greeting VOs, which sometimes seemed to sound a bit on the low side.
I always tested with both volumes set to max, to allow for max flexibility in setting individual controls (to notice that the SoundFX volume control is still not working!).

They can be found here (SoundFX.zip):
https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/downloads/
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Feedback needed

Post by Iceman »

I uploaded 3 versions of the Dominion soundfx to BitBucket.
Feedback on which one you guys prefer would be nice.
Thanks the6the!
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

v1 sounds good,..v2 and 3 got lots of high pitching tones(ones mentioned before), v1 has just few of em, but in general sounds good
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, I totally agree, but unfortunately the6the cannot reproduce the v1 voice anymore I think. And the volume is a tad on the low side, and he cannot amp them without losing quality.
I really liked v1, it's a shame...
crazyewok
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crazyewok »

AI is a little easy.

That's about it so far. Game is working smoothly for me at the moment.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Changed dilithium costs for ship, following feedback from Vladimir. Only changed for the Cardassians for now, if I get positive feedback I'll change the rest.
Suggestions for changing some of the new values are welcome too!

Also increased the cost of science ships, to the same as scouts.
Attachments
TechObjectDatabase.zip
(54.22 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Regarding the Intercept fleet order, what do you guys think, should it only be available when the fleet is in a sector owned by the fleet's owner (or an affiliated or better civ), or should it be available regardless where the fleet is?

As a tangent, should this order not be available if the fleet is in a sector with stellar phenomena (Nebula, Neutron Star, etc)?
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Intercept isnt necessarily used for attacks only.
From attempts to contact race that you didnt till now, or for any numerous reasons it should be available always(as part of battle tactics).
Is that "fleet " meant to be there, or you meant ships in general, im referring to all ships should have it always as an option of choice/tactic.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Whay I mean is this: should *you* be able to give the Intercept order to *your* fleet, regardless of where that fleet (your fleet) is? The reason for this question is:

1. if your fleet is in enemy territory, should it still be able to intercept? Currently, it is, as what is actually checked is if any fleets are entering your territory (or an ally's, I think, will have to check). So, being a defensive measure in nature (and not an offensive one), should your intercepting fleets be inside your territory or an ally's? That's what I was asking. (the code is already there, but it's commented out)

2. the stellar phenomena question originates fom the fact that they (the phenomena) are sources of sensor disruption, so they probably should affect the ability to detect and intercept - notice that I'm not talking about the target fleet being in a phenomena, but about the intercepting fleet being in one. Basically, requiring scan strength >= 0 for the order to be available.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

If for whatever reason "Intercept" should be interrupted, yes...but in all other cases, regardless where ship/fleet is, intercept should be available(rly depends on your aggressiveness how youll use it, but it should be there, as default off, and remembered if turned on for ship/fleet)

it does affect it if i remember right,..phenomena already have influence over radar and thus scan range, intercept should be lost if ship that was being intercepted/chased is "lost from sight". ( Or fleet/Ship with intercept command, should go to last known location to "investigate", you might also consider about adding a "return to location" for this )
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'm talking about if the order should be available to be *set*, not when the fleet is already intercepting.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Yes, it should, in all circumstances ^^ is what im saying
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Should the Founders/changelings be affected by the Plague event (in Omarion or other links they establish)? This is a natural occuring plague, not the morphogenic virus.
Their other non-Rogue colonies, populated by the Jem'Hadar would still be game for the event.

Currently they are, and I had left it as is on purpose, but a test game I was running brought the question back - after one of my colonies got hit by an Asteroid, and then a half a dozen turns later by a Comet (yep, same colony) which destroyed it, and a half a dozen turns later Omarion had a Plague outbreak... :shock:
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Well obviously it doesn't make sense from a lore/"realism" standpoint for the Founders to be affected by plague. Probably the real question, though, is whether making the Founders immune to plague would make them overpowered and/or give them a noticeable advantage in the game.

If yes, then perhaps it's best to keep it as is. If not, however -- if overall any advantage they would get from plague immunity would be fairly minimal -- then I would say go ahead and make the change.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, that's exactly the real question.
Like mentioned above, this would be for Founder worlds only - that is, most of the Dominion colonies (inhabited by the Jem'Hadar) would still be a target for the Plague. I'm assuming the Jem'Hadar would be vulnerable to plagues of course.
Founder worlds, since they are inside nebulae, don't have the protection of shields (ships, stations, OBs and planetary shields) - obviously that works both ways, as attackers will also have no shields.
So... ? :mrgreen:

Return to “Supremacy”