Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Adster94
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Installation Help

Post by Adster94 »

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for keeping this going! Haven't checked up in years and though the project was dead!!

I am trying to run the game on Windows 10 64-bit, whilst I have seen there are some bugs with this and fixes for those, I am actually struggling to start a new game at all.

No matter what, I always start a game then it freezes for a second and completely crashes. Are they are special installation instructions for this? I downloaded the latest version of Supremacy, along with the patches (17 and 22 Aug - which overwrote some files, I presumed this was correct?).

I have tried running them game, with and without admin, along with compatibility settings for Windows 7 and none. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Keep up the great work :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Installation Help

Post by Iceman »

Hi Adster94
The game is still alive, with more or less constant updates.

When exactly does the game crash? In the Single Player Start Screen when you hit Start, or in the starmap when the game loads?

Does it produce a crash report? Please check the Logs folder for the Error.txt file, and post it here if there's anything in it.

Make sure you have all the pre-reqs required for the game to run:

viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3366

Re the patches, you only need the latest one, I'll get rid of the other one. But yes, it's correct.
I'll probably release a new build soon, since I've fixed the Gas Giant and Crystalline planets issue.

Thanks!
Adster94
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Adster94 »

Hey Iceman,

Thanks for the reply. So glad to hear it!! Can’t wait to see more :D

The game crashes on the star map, with about a second or two delay. Nothing came up initially, just simply the game closed.

Once I’m home this afternoon, I will paste the contents of the error log file and see what comes up!

Yeah I saw that and believed that I had everything necessary - but I will double check!

Kind regards,
Adster
Adster94
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Adster94 »

Can confirm there are no error logs. The file appears to be blank.

I started the game, as any race, music plays for a second then the game closes completely. The only logs are have are these:

17:40:21.417 [1] INFO Supremacy.Utility.GameLogManager - Log Initialized.
17:40:47.861 [4] DEBUG General - Serialized 688,022 bytes of data in 00:00:00.2455638
17:40:48.322 [ClientEventLoop] DEBUG General - Deserialized 688,022 of data in 00:00:00.4510352

Will check the pre-reqs properly now.
Adster94
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Adster94 »

No idea why but it is working now...

I installed the latest version of the .NET framework and reinstalled the game - seems to have done the trick! Along with running as Admin and back cap of XP SP3.

Thanks for your help!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Glad you got it running! Have fun!
And any feedback is extremely welcome, of course.

Return to “Supremacy”