Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

resolved issue

Post by Iscaran »

(split from [Balance] Research speed)

Update I send the autosave file I found anyway - though it is dated sep6 ?

When restarting the game the continue button was greyed out. So I choose load game and selected the autosave. But this resulted AGAIN in a crash.

Seems I lost the last 10 turn.
Attachments
.autosav.zip
(605.34 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Log.txt
(349 Bytes) Downloaded 93 times
Error.txt
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: [Balance] Research speed

Post by Iceman »

Your autosave was set to Hidden? That's probably the cause of the issue.

The log is in german, but it's related to System.UnauthorizedAccessException.

The 2nd crash/logs are due to trying to load a pre-0909 game with 0909 (the autosave from 6 september) - I made some changes to intel in 0909.
Now, the question is, how did the 6sep save end up in the 9sep build's savegame folder?! They're different releases, each has their own folder for savegames. And how did it end up Hidden?
:???:
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

Maybe a leftover of my system transition ? Then...

I restarted from Turn 126 now. Seems to work for now...and just crashed to desktop in Turn 133 when trying to access the Game Menu via right-click ?

Seems Win10 is really more unstable then my old Win7 before :-(

Attached autosav from that turn and the save I did at start of turn.
Attachments
Log.txt
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Klingon Empire 2 - 133.zip
(630.05 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
.autosav.zip
(629.3 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Both those saves work fine on my end.
It seems to be an issue with permission to open the savegame file.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Did you change the location of the game on your PC?
Maybe it's the same problem USS Defiant was having? Run the game from the Documents folder, and see if that fixes your problem.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

Yes. I have installed the game on one of my SSDs - directly in the root folder.
I would definitely like to avoid running it from "documents". Theres some reason for me having 4 SSDs, 1 of them being my OS alone (with nothing else on it) :-)
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

OK - interesting. Today I wanted to continue my previous game. So loaded up Turn 133 and played it through...and crash upon hitting "next turn".

Here are the files.

EDIT: OK. Just trying to play the turn differently. Crashes again. Seems there is no way past Turn 133 ?
EDIT2: Update. OK it was possible to skip turn 133, by doing exactly NOTHING.
Attachments
Klingon Empire 2 - 133.zip
(630.05 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Log.txt
(593 Bytes) Downloaded 86 times
Error.txt
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I can end turn just fine, with all sorts of orders.
BTW, there's a green star with a demon planet not too far from Qo'noS. If you build a science station there, you'll get red matter points (though a low amount since it's a tiny planet), which will allow you to go for a Supremacy victory. :up:

The Docs folder doesn't have any issues with permissions, hence the suggestion. But I get your point.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Iscaran wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:44 pm Yes. I have installed the game on one of my SSDs - directly in the root folder.
I would definitely like to avoid running it from "documents". Theres some reason for me having 4 SSDs, 1 of them being my OS alone (with nothing else on it) :-)
I don't know if this would work for permissions of Supremacy (I expect it would), why not change the location of your "Document" to any drive you want since it sounds like you are not using it any way.

This way windows will recognize it as "Documents" folder. BTW you can do this for any windows library folder (download, music, video and pictures).

I also used to do this before I increased my main OS ssd.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Savegames in Supremacy used to be located deep down in the AppData folder, which is not easy to track down, and is not the same in different OSs. So I moved it to the game's main folder.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

But what type of permission should be missing for the Supremacy folder ?!? Really I am even running the game as administrator. There just CANT be any permission issues (AFAIK).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

It's probably not the game's main folder - I'm guessing your ClientSettings file gets updated every time you run the game?

Your log points to a failure in opening the autosave file to write the game's data. There was the issue with that old autosave being hidden - is your current autosave still hidden? That might be the cause.

What does this mean?
Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "E:\BotF2_Supremacy\Saved Games\.autosav" wurde verweigert.
Iscaran
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Iscaran »

I see. After the issues with the autosave I had deleted the autosav file. The currently written file is NOT hidden.

This translates to:
Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "E:\BotF2_Supremacy\Saved Games\.autosav" wurde verweigert.

The access to path " " has been denied.

Today I loaded up the savegame from the last crash again...hit turn and it worked through.

But why would the autosave get created hidden ? Or why would the game write it as a hidden file ? Nonetheless I have show hidden files on in explorer anyway.

The clientsettings.xaml in the main supremacy folder seems to get updated every time I start the game ?

Perhaps crash related: In the turns just AFTER the crashings I got a new Agent ? Maybe there is a check choosing randomly which agent appears and when it hits an existing agent it crashes instead of choosing another one or something like that ? Might explain why this crash comes and goes randomly.

Other than that, perhaps the game has issues when tabbing in and out of the game ? Because just NOW I got a solid "freeze" inside a planet build menu after trying to scroll up again (the scrolling issue came up once a gain) so I decided to use the arrow butteons to scroll up...this then caused the game to hard freeze.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iscaran wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:19 pm But why would the autosave get created hidden ? Or why would the game write it as a hidden file ? Nonetheless I have show hidden files on in explorer anyway.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the game. It must have been something on your end. No one has ever had this problem, that I know of.
Perhaps crash related: In the turns just AFTER the crashings I got a new Agent ? Maybe there is a check choosing randomly which agent appears and when it hits an existing agent it crashes instead of choosing another one or something like that ? Might explain why this crash comes and goes randomly.
One of the crashes is definitely related to agents.
Other than that, perhaps the game has issues when tabbing in and out of the game ? Because just NOW I got a solid "freeze" inside a planet build menu after trying to scroll up again (the scrolling issue came up once a gain) so I decided to use the arrow butteons to scroll up...this then caused the game to hard freeze.
I don't recall ever having these kind of issues with Win7... sigh.

Return to “Supremacy”