Trying to understand UniverseTables.txt

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Trying to understand UniverseTables.txt

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

(As per usual) I'm looking to mod so that moons are more and less occuring.
I.e... for Systems with Asteroids, the idea is that they will ALWAYS contain atleast one 'tiny' moon (simulating Asteroid Habitats when pop'd.), sometimes 'Medium' (Rogue Moons!) but NEVER Large moons.

So uh... changing:

Code: Select all

TableStart	PlanetTypeModToMoonSizeDist
ColumnHeadingsStart	NoMoon	Small	Medium	Large
RowHeadingsStart
Asteroids	-200	200	-200	-200
TableEnd
To

Code: Select all

Asteroids	0	200	20	-200
So... while I WILL test this, I'm just wondering 'how to read' the tables. Or rather, the values for the purpose of modding ;)

(I had one game were 9 out of 10 systems had moons, and I'd already modded in a fed-only higher-tier moon habitation building that was NOT set for 'onepersystem' :roll: and picking ~2,000 max pop as the goal for each system :D

(To note, I've already done a x100 on the research cost for everything...because +50 universities in two dozen colonies would otherwise BURN through the tech-tree :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Trying to understand UniverseTables.txt

Post by Iceman »

Note that the 2 tables related to moons have (+)200 in the NoMoon column, not in the Small column.

Those values in the tables, a large positive value will make it more likely that a roll will succeed, a large negative value that it will fail. Values in different tables stack where applicable.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Re: Trying to understand UniverseTables.txt

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Ah, ok.

Return to “Supremacy”