Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Asragin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Bugs and whatnot?

Post by Asragin »

Heya,

haven't played this game in almost a decade but recently found it again and to my surprise it still runs. The update process took almost a minute...
I have some minor issues to report tho. There are bits and pieces of German scattered all over (besonders the Umlauts are a lustig thing at times, ja), some Image Missing thingies. But the major issue that I had was the following bug:
When I had my pop maximised on a planet and then had the lunar-habitats increase the cap, the population did not increase.
No matter what I tried...
-saving the game, exiting and loading again: Nothing.
-exiting the game totally and starting it: Nothing.
-deactivating and reactivating a Pop-growth building: Nothing.
-shutting down food production until I have no more food left and my population decreased a bit: The population stayed at that decreased size and didn't even grow back to the initial (pre Lunar-hab) maximum.

Dunno if the updater caught the latest version, I'm running version 0.4.3427.36588 according to the number in the lower left on the main menue....
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Bugs and whatnot?

Post by Iceman »

Hi Asragin, welcome to the forums!

Asragin wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:47 am haven't played this game in almost a decade but recently found it again and to my surprise it still runs. The update process took almost a minute...
The Updater has been disabled a looonnng time ago... :wink:

But the major issue that I had was the following bug:
When I had my pop maximised on a planet and then had the lunar-habitats increase the cap, the population did not increase.

Dunno if the updater caught the latest version, I'm running version 0.4.3427.36588 according to the number in the lower left on the main menue....
That's the problem right there. Get the latest update, you'll be amazed with what happened to the game. :grin:

https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/downloads/

Good gaming!
Asragin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Asragin »

Iceman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 amHi Asragin, welcome to the forums!
Thanks.
Iceman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 amThe Updater has been disabled a looonnng time ago... :wink:
I kinda had that hunch. Only a minute if updates for over 6 years? ... xD
Iceman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 amThat's the problem right there. Get the latest update, you'll be amazed with what happened to the game. :grin:
Awww yis! Thanks :)

I take it 10may is the most recent one and I only need that?
Iceman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 amGood gaming!
You bet I will... :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Heheh.
You'll need the release zip (20200331), which is the stable version.
You might want to use the 10may patch, as it has some fixes and improvements; just unzip it into the game's main folder, and you're set. You don't need the other patches, the latest one is cumulative.
Asragin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Asragin »

Gotcha :)
Asragin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Asragin »

Always something, there is....... Oh well, I wanted to upgrade my system anyway.
Attachments
srsly.png
srsly.png (918.83 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

ahh you're the fellow I was talking to on my youtube video (of the 'other' project lol) comments. Glad you followed my link here to chat with Iceman as I knew he'd get things sorted! :)

Well.. sort of sorted.. yeah you're computer must be pretty ancient haha! I used to get pixel shader 1.1 and 1.2 errors on my cheap little old beside HP notebook laptop that I bought in 2009ish. Finally replaced it with a modern laptop that despite being cheap it still has all those lovely shaders I needed for new'ish' games haha
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Asragin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Asragin »

Yup that one.

Actually no. My PC was built 2017. I just had no graphic-card installed because back then I needed a working PC. My previous one had a physical crash when I rearranged my office area (physical as in the power-connection suddenly caused the fuses to break, my entire house went black and after that, my old PC never turned on again). The new one was just bare basic as I was in my apprenticeship back then, and as an apprentice, you never have much money.......
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Asragin. Sorry to hear that you cannot run the game :sad:
I can try to see if I can disable the shader checks and produce a patch just for you, but I can't predict if you will be able to play or not. Right now I'm in the middle of (teaching) a class (remotely), so I might not have the time right away, but when I can, I'll give it a shot.

Hey Blake! Thanks, mate. You're always helpful! :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

BTW, Blake, the Updater is not missing, it was discontinued because it didn't really make much sense anymore. It could be revived at any time.
Asragin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Asragin »

Iceman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:58 amI can try to see if I can disable the shader checks and produce a patch just for you, but I can't predict if you will be able to play or not. Right now I'm in the middle of (teaching) a class (remotely), so I might not have the time right away, but when I can, I'll give it a shot.
As much as I appreciate the idea, please don't burden yourself just for my sake. I need to upgrade my PC anyway. I want to upgrade to Win10 and make it AC:Valhalla-ready (I know, that's a shoddy excuse of not having updated it sooner, but meh.....)

Return to “Supremacy”