SoundFX volume

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Lordtimothy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

SoundFX volume

Post by Lordtimothy »

Is there a way to turn off the sound at the moment?? Did a search but didn't come up with an answer.

Do want to say thank you so much for all your hard work. Been enjoying the game a lot recently.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Lordtimothy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:08 pm Is there a way to turn off the sound at the moment?? Did a search but didn't come up with an answer.

Do want to say thank you so much for all your hard work. Been enjoying the game a lot recently.
Hey Lordtimothy, welcome to the forums!
Glad you're enjoying the game! We're doing our best to make it fun and entertaining, as well as stable. Progress is kind of slow, but steady.

Re sound, yes, in the main menu, choose Settings, then Audio, and you can set volume levels there - the SoundFX slider doesn't work yet, though. That might actually be your question, I guess?
The Assault Screen sounds and animations can be disabled entirely in one of the options.

One thing you can do to "disable" the soundfx is rename the \Resources\SoundFX folder. Or rename its subfolders individually, if you want to select any particular type of soundfx to skip (like just General where most of the civ specific ones are located).

Hth, and thanks!
Lordtimothy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Lordtimothy »

Been a lurker/player on the forums for several years now just have more time to play currently. It sure helps to veg out in front of a game you enjoy to help with stress.

I do have the sliders all the way over to 0 percent, sound is still on. I renamed the SoundFX folder however there is 4 other sounds that are not included in that folder. They are found in the UI folder(playing the Federation so found them in UI/Federation/Sounds). Tried to rename but ended up with an Error when starting the game.

Was thinking about recording silence and replacing those 4 files but thought I would check if there was an easier fix.

Thanks.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Oh, right, the UI click sounds. Those are played from the XMLs, so they have no check.
Yes, that seems to be the best solution. I think BotF has such a sound (silence)?
Lordtimothy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Lordtimothy »

Thank you, downloaded some silent wav files and that worked.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Cool :up:
I usually turn sound off, so I don't get annoyed by the soundfx. :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: SoundFX volume

Post by Iceman »

I've added a silent wav file to the game some time ago. It's called _NoSound.wav.

Return to “Supremacy”