Morale

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Morale

Post by Iceman »

I have disabled all global morale modifiers in subjugated colonies, for the next patch. Let's see how that goes.
Get ready to plan ahead when conquering another empire :twisted:
Attachments
morale.png
morale.png (21.25 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm I think that the tricky point is whether the empire really was completely subjugated if any system rebelled in the same turn.
If we assume that it is true, the empire may collapse many times giving enormous morale boost to the conqueror.
Here's a question, when an empire is completely subjugated, should its former colonies:
A) never be able to rebel
B) be able to rebel but if that happens, become/join an independent faction (thus not reviving the empire)

Option A) is implemented for the next patch, but then I thought of option B).
The KISS principle would point to keeping to option A), but I wanted to leave it open for discussion. What do you guys think?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Iceman wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:31 pm
geordie wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm I think that the tricky point is whether the empire really was completely subjugated if any system rebelled in the same turn.
If we assume that it is true, the empire may collapse many times giving enormous morale boost to the conqueror.
Here's a question, when an empire is completely subjugated, should its former colonies:
A) never be able to rebel
B) be able to rebel but if that happens, become/join an independent faction (thus not reviving the empire)

Option A) is implemented for the next patch, but then I thought of option B).
The KISS principle would point to keeping to option A), but I wanted to leave it open for discussion. What do you guys think?
I would allow reviving the empire, but only under special conditions
1. Only the home system can rebel to revive the empire.
2. this must happen shortly after subjugation (30 turns?)
3. to prevent players from taking advantage of morale boost, give a - 60 morale penalty for losing a conquered empire home system to rebellion (if during allotted time frame triggering revive the empire).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks TC. While waiting for more opinions, is your take that after the empire has been completely subjugated, only the homesystem can rebel, but after that any other former colony can rebel too and rejoin the (now revived) empire?

A careful player will make sure that the homesystem cannot rebel, thus preventing the subjugated empire from being revived.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

any system should be able to rebel, but my thought was only home system could revive the empire. former colony would need to be liberated to rejoin, or if they had already rebelled they could ask to rejoin. you could base this on the morale they last had as part of the empire + a random chance. If morale was too low they would need to be subjugated.

Return to “Supremacy”