Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

McFly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

various questions for Star Trek Supremacy

Post by McFly »

Hi,

how can i start espionage and sabotage?

can i play the terran empire and if so how?

there are still ship models such as cardassian constructions ship

Many thanks in advance
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: various questions for Star Trek Supremacy

Post by Iceman »

Hi McFly, welcome to the forums!
McFly wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:05 am how can i start espionage and sabotage?
Intelligence is not working fully yet in the game. There's some code done but it's disabled for now, it's still experimental. I'll look into it again soon.
The Intel screen (F5) is still in its early stages, but eventually it'll get done.

can i play the terran empire and if so how?
Nope, no Terran Empire in Supremacy. Only main timeline stuff.

there are still ship models such as cardassian constructions ship
You mean some models are still missing, I guess. Yes, those ships (some constrution ships, some colony ships, etc) were added some time ago and we had no models for them at the time. We're still waiting for some nice modeller to come along and make them. :grin:
If you know someone with the appropriate skills for such a task, please do send them our way. :up:

Here's a list of what's still needed in the game, in case you can (or know who can) help.

There will be a few improvements soon, stay tuned!
McFly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by McFly »

Hi,

Thank you very much, I'll see if someone in the well-known circle can take over the ships ...

Thank you very much, I'll take a look at the F5 Intel screen, otherwise everything has turned out really well so far, thank you very much for that.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi.
If you can get more people to help, you're golden! :up:
The more people we can get involved, the faster we'll get the game done.

Forgot to mention, but the game is highly (and easily) moddable, so if you want the Terran Empire in, it's rather easy to do. The art assets should be the hardest part I guess.

We've been focusing a lot on AI lately, so Intel has been kind of neglected. As soon as I get some more work on diplomacy done, I'll get back to it.

Thanks!
McFly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by McFly »

How can I upgrade ships e.g. Scout I to Scout III?

what is the purpose of the red matter?

thx
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

McFly wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:51 am How can I upgrade ships e.g. Scout I to Scout III?
You can't right now (though the code exists). This is one of those topics where there isn't a solution that will please everyone, and it has been / can be discussed here.
Can you post your opinion there?

what is the purpose of the red matter?
Well, it's only purpose is to reach the Supremacy victory condition, which can be enabled/disabled. Once you reach a certain amount of RM points (which can be modded), you win the game.
The design goal was to create some sort of pending threat that empires need to react to, and they have a limited time to do so. I'm sure it needs to be improved, so any feedback you might have is very welcome.

:up:
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered. I searched and found similar questions asked months/years ago but I wanted to double check the latest results.

Is espionage and sabotage still disabled? I get no reports so I assume though. But does this mean I don’t need any labour allocation into internal security then?

Thanks very much
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, espionage and sabotage are still a WiP.

But you do "need" to allocate labour to Intel, otherwise your systems will get hit by terrorism events (Commercial Terrorism and Domestic Terrorism). This still needs to be better conveyed to the player, but in larger systems (population >= 100 IIRC) you need to generate at least pop/4 intel points to avoid the worst effects (but still get production halted), and pop/2 to prevent any effects.
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

Thanks - I take it the diplomacy AI is like a Jem’Hadar on his last dose of white too? This game every time the Andorians become favourable to me and I’m about to offer them affiliation - they suddenly drop to zero regard for no reason! It keeps happening and I’ve sunk so many credits and resources into trying to win them over.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

NayThanLok wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:47 pm Thanks - I take it the diplomacy AI is like a Jem’Hadar on his last dose of white too? This game every time the Andorians become favourable to me and I’m about to offer them affiliation - they suddenly drop to zero regard for no reason! It keeps happening and I’ve sunk so many credits and resources into trying to win them over.
:shock:
Do you have a savegame where I can check this? If so, please attach it here.
We need to trace the origin of that behavior.
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

Here you go.

This is just a little after they're upset with me again. I also go through many many turns where I suddenly can't interact with certain races. Most won't let me interact for a turn or two after a treaty request etc - which I presume is standard. But some, like the Andorians in this example, won't let me interact for up to 10 to 20 turns inbetween. Is this normal?

Thanks
Attachments
SP Federation Custom Spiral 176.sav
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

NayThanLok wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:51 pm This is just a little after they're upset with me again.
You don't have a savegame right before relations drop, do you? I think this might have to do with some member civs.

I also go through many many turns where I suddenly can't interact with certain races. Most won't let me interact for a turn or two after a treaty request etc - which I presume is standard.
Yes, there's an unavailability period after each interaction. It depends on some factors, the Feds have a lower base time, and envoys affect that time according to their skills.

But some, like the Andorians in this example, won't let me interact for up to 10 to 20 turns inbetween. Is this normal?
20 seems way too high. I'll try to check.
Thanks for the savegame!
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

Thankyou. I’ll save every turn and see if happens again.

Please don’t think of any of this as a complaint. I think the work and the effort you’ve all put in here with this game is amazing. And the constant review and updates are very welcome and appreciated.

Another question to ask though - I’m on impossible difficulty and started with basic tech. At times I’ve been at war with three empires at once. And apart from a few raids by minors - never once have I been attacked. Is it because I’ve developed and expanded far quicker than they have and I’m just expecting too much - or is it an AI issue?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

NayThanLok wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:09 am Please don’t think of any of this as a complaint. I think the work and the effort you’ve all put in here with this game is amazing. And the constant review and updates are very welcome and appreciated.
No worries about that, we do highly appreciate any feedback! Anything that seems odd or that is not working correctly should be reported. We want the game to be as good as possible. We are like the Borg, aiming for perfection :twisted:
Savegames are usually a treasure trove, so keep them coming!

Another question to ask though - I’m on impossible difficulty and started with basic tech. At times I’ve been at war with three empires at once. And apart from a few raids by minors - never once have I been attacked. Is it because I’ve developed and expanded far quicker than they have and I’m just expecting too much - or is it an AI issue?
Hehe, the AI is still very much a WiP. It is still very innefective in a few areas, one of them being *where* its ships are built. It just builds them, doesn't really have a "plan". So it takes a long time to assemble decent assault fleets.
That part of the code needs an overhaul.

This game every time the Andorians become favourable to me and I’m about to offer them affiliation - they suddenly drop to zero regard for no reason! It keeps happening and I’ve sunk so many credits and resources into trying to win them over.
The Andorians are at war with 3 minors that are members of the Federation, I guess that's why relations keep dropping. Was it a sudden drop, or a gradual one?

But some, like the Andorians in this example, won't let me interact for up to 10 to 20 turns inbetween.
The max unavailability period is 12 turns, and that's on Impossible (your case) vs Isolationist minors (not your case); in this case, it should be 9. Could the Andorians have made you a proposal after those 9 turns - making them unavailable for another 9 turns?
Attachments
andorians.png
andorians.png (73.79 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

NayThanLok wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:09 am Another question to ask though - I’m on impossible difficulty and started with basic tech. At times I’ve been at war with three empires at once. And apart from a few raids by minors - never once have I been attacked. Is it because I’ve developed and expanded far quicker than they have and I’m just expecting too much - or is it an AI issue?
Some of it might have to do with a very low threshold to exit the expansion state by the AI, related to this being a custom map (is this a variation of the canon map, BTW? it's pretty packed :smile: ). So they might have slowed their expansion really early in the game, hurting their development.
It's fixed now in the yet to be released patch, along with some other fixes to custom maps (intel screen, nebula names).

Return to “Supremacy”