AI diplomatic proposals

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

AI diplomatic proposals

Post by Iceman »

Yea, Pacifist and Peaceful minors are like that, they'll throw themselves in your arms right away. :wink: Actually, only if regard is above Neutral, and it should take some turns, but like mentioned above, I forgot to reset those values after testing, and it only hit me the next day...
But other minors and empires might also send proposals, if regard is favorable. With the help of envoys, it is possible for them (especially AI, since they don't offer credits yet) to propose any treaty. War Pacts and Cease-Fires still need to be implemented though.
Some fixes are needed.

We should probably create a new thread to discuss this. The details I mean.
Should it only apply to Pacifists? Should it be at higher regard? Should it depend on traits (Pacifists for Federation, Warlike for Klingons, Deceptive for Cardassians, ...)?
Etc.
Starting a new thread to discuss this topic, in order to make the experience the best possible. Feedback is crucial.
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Re: AI diplomatic proposals

Post by TempestWales »

Will there be a way to accept or deny diplomatic proposals? As at the moment, I don't seem to be able to, only just let the game do its thing.

The other thing I would like to see is Diplomats are only recruited from your current pool of species, IE as Feds, no recruiting a Vulcan when you don't even know that they exist.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

TempestWales wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:52 pm Will there be a way to accept or deny diplomatic proposals? As at the moment, I don't seem to be able to, only just let the game do its thing.
Yes, there will be. Once someone manages to get that to work :neutral:
Part of the code is already there, it just needs to be finished.

The other thing I would like to see is Diplomats are only recruited from your current pool of species, IE as Feds, no recruiting a Vulcan when you don't even know that they exist.
We had that discussion many years ago, and Mike (Strobel, the creator of the game) thought this was ok.
We can try to look into it, but the Feds will be more impacted than the rest of the empires.
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:05 pm
TempestWales wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:52 pm Will there be a way to accept or deny diplomatic proposals? As at the moment, I don't seem to be able to, only just let the game do its thing.
Yes, there will be. Once someone manages to get that to work :neutral:
Part of the code is already there, it just needs to be finished.

We had that discussion many years ago, and Mike (Strobel, the creator of the game) thought this was ok.
We can try to look into it, but the Feds will be more impacted than the rest of the empires.

Good to hear, I thought I was missing something. While the Feds would more impacted, you could have a bigger pool of humans to start off with.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

I've made some progress on this. Accept/Reject should be coming in a few days if all goes well.
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Misfire wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:43 am

I've made some progress on this. Accept/Reject should be coming in a few days if all goes well.
I like it, Its working well!

Is it possible to put a warning up when you hit Turn but haven't responded? for example, "You have 1 Unanswered Diplomatic Communique! A non-responsive reply will be sent. Do you want to continue?", Maybe a check box that's a 'Remember my Choice', Buttons, 'Cancel', 'Continue'.

Non-response replies cause a diplo drop.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

TempestWales wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:31 pm
Misfire wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:43 am

I like it, Its working well!

Is it possible to put a warning up when you hit Turn but haven't responded? for example, "You have 1 Unanswered Diplomatic Communique! A non-responsive reply will be sent. Do you want to continue?", Maybe a check box that's a 'Remember my Choice', Buttons, 'Cancel', 'Continue'.

Non-response replies cause a diplo drop.
This might be a bit difficult because of how the turn order is issued, but I'll see what I can come up with.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Not sure why there is a diplo drop. AFAICT there shouldn't be any effect if a proposal is not answered.
redhat1968
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by redhat1968 »

Iceman:

Should I be receiving a membership treaty from the Arbazan after knowing them for only 27 turns early in the game? I was building up credits so I could work them for a friendship treaty. This is on Turn 31 with no envoy..
ARBAZAN.png
ARBAZAN.png (140.27 KiB) Viewed 3230 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

(Moved to this thread)
redhat1968 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:13 pm Iceman:
Should I be receiving a membership treaty from the Arbazan after knowing them for only 27 turns early in the game? I was building up credits so I could work them for a friendship treaty. This is on Turn 31 with no envoy..
Hey redhat, glad to see you still around!

Yes, you should. :lol: I mean, the code says you should - them being Peaceful and all. They just felt amazed by the Federation's way of life, and wanted to be part of it. :cool:
(see first post in this thread)

This is a particular situation, where you were "lucky" to have met them on turn 4 (because they were close, and you are the Feds). But having a member this early in the game [which I assume is your point?] might be a bit unbalancing (not to mention weird).
Should there be a minimum turn for this :?:
Should it take longer for Peaceful and Pacifist minors to offer membership :?:
Shouldn't they, at all :?:

Any feedback is crucial to improve the game!

BTW, in the next patch the full proposal should be displayed in the Inbox.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

TempestWales wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:31 pm Non-response replies cause a diplo drop.
I just tested this and there was no diplo drop (no effect at all, actually). Maybe it was related to something else?
(Though I only tested it with a credits offer)
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:27 pm
TempestWales wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:31 pm Non-response replies cause a diplo drop.
I just tested this and there was no diplo drop (no effect at all, actually). Maybe it was related to something else?
(Though I only tested it with a credits offer)
Apologies, I was suggesting that ignoring a Diplomatic message should cause a Diplo drop in maybe trust and/or regard.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, ok. Yes, I guess it should. Smaller than rejecting, correct?
Should it be a permanent drop, or a temporary one?
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:11 pm Ah, ok. Yes, I guess it should. Smaller than rejecting, correct?
Should it be a permanent drop, or a temporary one?
Smaller and temporary I think.

Didn't know that any drops were permanent, I guess that just means a lower upper limit?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Any changes in Regard and Trust can either be permanent, or temporary - in which case the duration can be specified.

Return to “Supremacy”