Unhandled Error Log (Fixed)

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Unhandled Error Log (Fixed)

Post by Hebrewhammer »

The only victory condition set in that save is the supremacy condition, so 60% control of the map is required I believe. I was wondering is there anyway to goad a major race into war besides just destroying their fleets while being neutral with them.

I only ask because that's what I was trying to do to the dominion. I seem to remember the old days as playing federation that I could make outrageous demands and provoke the other side into declaring war so i would not take as big a moral hit as if I had declared war.

Also do you plan at some point to put the option to demand or give up disputed territory in the diplomacy window. Just curious though not a big deal if not.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm The only victory condition set in that save is the supremacy condition, so 60% control of the map is required I believe.
That's the Domination VC, and yes, 60%. Can't recall if it's systems held or total population though.

I was wondering is there anyway to goad a major race into war besides just destroying their fleets while being neutral with them.
Colonizing systems and building stations right in their borders will decrease relations (the penalty is harsher for higher AIModes).

I only ask because that's what I was trying to do to the dominion. I seem to remember the old days as playing federation that I could make outrageous demands and provoke the other side into declaring war so i would not take as big a moral hit as if I had declared war.
You can make Demands, and complement them with Threats - that should also decrease relations.
At some point they should declare war on you. Notice however that if you are much more powerful than they are, and if you have allies, the chance they'll DoW is reduced, and might even be zero.
Also do you plan at some point to put the option to demand or give up disputed territory in the diplomacy window. Just curious though not a big deal if not.
Yes, but we need to change the way claims are treated first.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Hello, just tried the game with the most recent patch on a recent save and I got another Unhandled Error. It happened right after I decided to land troops on a system that I was at war with. I will include the log, also I'm not sure if I should be clearing the log and/or if it keep old errors logged after it logs new ones.

I would also take this moment to remember that before the last couple patches, when ever I would come across one of the ships of an opposing major race in the middle of space it would not tell me I discovered a new race like it use to. In other words if I start a new game and come across a klingon scout it wont give me the notification that i discovered a new race until I myself send a ship into a system that that race controls or one of there ships comes to a system I control. I have also noticed that while I have not 'discovered' them yet they will also act hostile to me no mater what I do until they are registered as discovered and in the diplomacy tab.

I also came across an interesting issue that I am not sure if it's intended or not. I found and colonized a planet as the federation and a few turns later I came across a minor race that had a big enough population to have my colony in its territory. So after I discovered this race I attempted to bring it into the federation through treaties. However it turns out since I was able to terraform and colonize a system in their territory before uncovering them, they took that as an act of war and moved their cruisers to bombard the colony in their space.

This is fine however the whole time I was trying to get a crease fire and peace with them. I could get them to cease fire and the next turn they were back to war with me. This went on for I don't know how many turns and the whole time their trust and regard for me were increasing. I thought I would be stuck in an endless never to make peace with them, until they bombarded my colony for a few turns and I was able to get a fleet other there to chase away their ships. After that they accepted the treaties with no problem and became a member later on.

Sorry for the long write up, just thought you might like to know.
Error.txt
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Log.txt
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm Hello, just tried the game with the most recent patch on a recent save and I got another Unhandled Error. It happened right after I decided to land troops on a system that I was at war with. I will include the log, also I'm not sure if I should be clearing the log and/or if it keep old errors logged after it logs new ones.
Hi. Thanks for the logs, this issue pops up once in a while but I'm not sure why it happens. If you have a savegame right before the invasion, I'd love to debug it.
No need to keep the logs, as long as you've posted them. The game will clear them for you every session you start.
:up:
I would also take this moment to remember that before the last couple patches, when ever I would come across one of the ships of an opposing major race in the middle of space it would not tell me I discovered a new race like it use to. In other words if I start a new game and come across a klingon scout it wont give me the notification that i discovered a new race until I myself send a ship into a system that that race controls or one of there ships comes to a system I control. I have also noticed that while I have not 'discovered' them yet they will also act hostile to me no mater what I do until they are registered as discovered and in the diplomacy tab.
Yes, I have noticed that too, and it is puzzling me. I probably broke something with the TWH movement changes...
Them acting hostile is also odd - especially when AIMode is set to Normal.

I also came across an interesting issue that I am not sure if it's intended or not. I found and colonized a planet as the federation and a few turns later I came across a minor race that had a big enough population to have my colony in its territory. So after I discovered this race I attempted to bring it into the federation through treaties. However it turns out since I was able to terraform and colonize a system in their territory before uncovering them, they took that as an act of war and moved their cruisers to bombard the colony in their space.
Yes, this came up some time ago and erazortt and I discussed it. The question is, should you have been notified in some way that the system was already claimed? Contact with the civ on arrival to the system, notification when starting terraforming, etc.
If contact is made, then you won't be able to colonize the system unless you DoW; if you only get a notification that the sytem is claimed, then you can choose to proceed and take the regard hit.

This is a Warlike minor, correct?

This is fine however the whole time I was trying to get a crease fire and peace with them. I could get them to cease fire and the next turn they were back to war with me. This went on for I don't know how many turns and the whole time their trust and regard for me were increasing. I thought I would be stuck in an endless never to make peace with them, until they bombarded my colony for a few turns and I was able to get a fleet other there to chase away their ships. After that they accepted the treaties with no problem and became a member later on.
Good point, I don't think there's a cease-fire check in there, will have to check. Thanks!
And yes, once you get a fleet to defend the colony, they're not so bold anymore :wink:
This code is still a WiP, it was added to make things (the AI) more interesting, but still needs to be improved. And the Borg AI, the Raider AI, the Invader AI. Once I get the shipbuilding sorted, I'll try to look into these again.

Sorry for the long write up, just thought you might like to know.
Thanks for the detailed information! Makes it a lot easier to spot the issues. :up:
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Here is a save a turn before I declared war on the dominion and attacked their systems, It's the same game I sent earlier just a little further along. I have yet to try and invade a system again to see if it does or does not crash.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 662.zip
(709.43 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the save!
I found and fixed another crash, related to envoys.
The crash you mentioned above should also be fixed - I think it might be related to buildings destroyed by random events or something, before the invasion.
Also fixed the cease-fire issue.
And further reduced the modifiers for AI WarDecs - the ongoing wars modifier was a bit too heavy, and the war weariness modifier was also reduced. This will not affect your game in particular, because the Dominion's firepower is so much lower than yours (or better yet, yours is just so much higher than theirs) that they won't dare DoW on you - especially with 3 allies on your side :mrgreen:

The contact issue, still looking into it - doesn't seem to be related to the TWH changes though.
I'll also keep trying to reproduce the shipbuilding issue you mentioned before.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

It seems I am once again getting unhandled error messages and then CTD. The errors seems to occur when diplomacy is being resolved. I am sending the error log and two game files that crash when the turn executes.
Error.txt
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Attachments
SP Federation Huge Irregular 206.zip
(556.71 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Crash.zip
(555.61 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Hebrewhammer. That crash has been fixed in the 20210905 patch - sorry, there have been 3 patches in the last few days, fixing a couple of crashes. You were probably still using the 20210903 patch?
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Iceman, it seems you are correct I was on the 09-03 patch I will update to the 09-05 patch. Thanks for all the work you are doing.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:
Hebrewhammer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm I have also noticed that while I have not 'discovered' them yet they will also act hostile to me no mater what I do until they are registered as discovered and in the diplomacy tab.
Fixed for the next release.
To notice though that Warlike minors will always engage if AIMode is higher than Normal, and even Raider minors will engage at Impossible. It's been like that for a while.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I know I am posting in two different spots and I figured I would post errors here instead of in the general tab from now on. As of the most recent patch i have another error and I'm not sure the cause if you want the game file included let me know. It seems that as long as I dont do anything for the turn it will process without incident, however when I give commands to execute for the next turn it seems one of them is causing the error.
Error.txt
(112.04 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

This is an Out of Memory crash.
If you could attach the savegame here, I can take a look.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Here it is a little further along, since it does not always happen and I can get further each time.
SP Federation Huge Irregular 477.zip
(694.35 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The cause for the OoM exception is the Assets screen trying to load the star system display for all your 271 systems, in the Colonies tab. It's just too many systems.
A long time ago I had already replaced the 3d star rendering with a static image to alleviate the problem, but in games of this scale, Huge Dense, when you have this many colonies, you're bound to run into memory issues.
I've uploaded a fix for you, where I disabled the star system display (I left the resource icons as they might be useful). This will let you continue that game.

Return to “Supremacy”