Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Couple of Game Concept Questions

Post by Warp Core Breach »

Couple of questions on gameplay:

1. What do the letters on the systems in the galaxy map mean? OP means outpost, but what are Y1, IUE in bottom left, E in bottom right, etc., etc. I'm guessing they say something about the system resources available?

2. What do you do with a "green star" (wth is that???) Built an Outpost at one, but nothing interesting happened. Description implies I can mine duranium, but there is no planet. (If this is something I just need to figure out, then don't spoil it for me, but if I'm supposed to know, please share)

Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Couple of Game Concept Questions

Post by Iceman »

In the Military Overview, in the bottom left you get OP (Outpost), SB (Starbase), SS (Science Station) or TW (Transwarp Hub) when there's a station in the sector; or just S (Station) if it is not identified.
In the bottom right you get the shipyard and its # of docks (Y1 is a level 1 SY with 1 dock).
In the Economy Overview, bottom left is system resources: I for dilithium, U for duranium and E for deuterium - they all start with a D... :wink: bottom right is planet resources, F for food, E for energy.
This is a temporary implementation, I'll replace the letters with the icons at some point.

Heh, yea, green stars. If you build a science station in a green star that has a Demon class planet, it'll start accumulating Red Matter points (the star/planet's description tries to convey that info). When you reach a certain amount of RM points (a counter will be displayed once you get at least one point), the Supremacy Victory condition is triggered, and you win the game (if you so choose).
This is only valid if you have enabled the Supremacy VC at game start ,of course.
It's just another type of VC, to give some use to green stars and Demon planets - the design for those was never very clear.
To notice though that once you start synthesizing RM, everyone and their dog will turn on you, for some petty issues with someone being able to destroy entire star systems or some such :roll:
:twisted:
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Nice - Red Matter sounds cool! Clearly not every green star has a Demon class planet. I've seen only 2 so far, but neither had a planet.
Time to go hunting demon class planets!

Thanks for the explanation on the lettering. I feel stupid now. I should have figured it out!
Warp Core Breach
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

One more similar question: what good are health centers? Description says +15% health, but there is no other reference to health anywhere. Doesn't look like it affects morale or growth rate.

Thanks!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, Green stars are rare, and Demon planets even rarer. Since they're the basis for one of the VCs, they must be.

The lettering is awkward, and not very intuitive I know. It's one of the lots of ToDos in the list. One day I'll tackle it. :neutral:

Health Centres increase the health of the colony. Health is shown in the Assets screen, Colonies tab, with the medical icon, as a percentage. The more pollution a colony generates (industry, energy PFs) the lower its health. +PopulationHealth buildings and Medical ships in orbit increase a colony's health.
Health slightly increases growth rate (very significant in low GR systems), increases max food storage, and decreases casualties in invasions, bombardment and events (plague, asteroid, earthquake, etc). I think that's about it.

Return to “Supremacy”