Build List detail

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Build List detail

Post by Iceman »

Copying this here, for future reference.

the6the wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:48 pm One thing that has always bothered me in BOTF 1, and is still irritating in BOTF2, is something to do the build list:

This only happens with buildings that you can queue multiple times (farms, manufacturing plants, energy plants etc), and have not yet upgraded to the highest possible version of the building - It's that when you want to build, say, 5 energy plants (and you have researched energy level 6 or higher) the whole list jumps up one spot after the first selection, coz the "Upgrade to energy plant level 6" option disappears from the build list, and you have to re-adjust your cursor for the remaining 4 selections. I find that jump extremely irritating, coz it happens in almost every colony, every turn.
Could we just grey out the non-possible selections on the build list? at least till next turn (or next time you view that colony)?
Am I making any sense to anyone? Has anyone else found this irritating? Will you now that I've mentioned it?:) Or am I just nit-picking:)

Iceman, You know that you've done a great job, when you get people going into this much detail:)
Hehehe.
I hear you, it's a bit annoying. But I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to improve it much.
I guess one way would be to move the upgrades to the bottom of the build list, instead of the top, but that would look weird.

Glad to see you, it means you're ok. :up:

Do you have any news on the studio access front? I think there's still one theme that needs volume adjustment? The Romulan diplomacy screen one, IIRC.
And the Dominion VOs, it would be great to have a new set of those, more similar to the 1st version.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Build List detail

Post by the6the »

The studio access was restricted, and costly due to Covid up until now, since the studio and equipment needed to be disinfected after every use. Unfortunately, now there's a huge backlog of work to be done in the studios because of the aforementioned:/
It would be difficult to do the dominion VOs without a studio. Clean audio is essential for anything like that. The Borg were much easier because of the heavy distortion..
Give me the romulan exact file name, and I'll take a look. maybe I could do it from home:)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:36 am The studio access was restricted, and costly due to Covid up until now,
Oh, please don't spend any money on this, I didn't realise it would cost you - sorry! :oops:

It would be difficult to do the dominion VOs without a studio. Clean audio is essential for anything like that.
Don't worry about that, we can live with the ones you made. :up:

Give me the romulan exact file name, and I'll take a look. maybe I could do it from home:)
Romulans_Diplomacy TerakRall.mp3

That'd be great if you can. :wink:
I think you have taken care of all the others already.
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 am Copying this here, for future reference.

the6the wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:48 pm One thing that has always bothered me in BOTF 1, and is still irritating in BOTF2, is something to do the build list:

This only happens with buildings that you can queue multiple times (farms, manufacturing plants, energy plants etc), and have not yet upgraded to the highest possible version of the building - It's that when you want to build, say, 5 energy plants (and you have researched energy level 6 or higher) the whole list jumps up one spot after the first selection, coz the "Upgrade to energy plant level 6" option disappears from the build list, and you have to re-adjust your cursor for the remaining 4 selections. I find that jump extremely irritating, coz it happens in almost every colony, every turn.
Could we just grey out the non-possible selections on the build list? at least till next turn (or next time you view that colony)?
Am I making any sense to anyone? Has anyone else found this irritating? Will you now that I've mentioned it?:) Or am I just nit-picking:)

Iceman, You know that you've done a great job, when you get people going into this much detail:)
Hehehe.
I hear you, it's a bit annoying. But I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to improve it much.
I guess one way would be to move the upgrades to the bottom of the build list, instead of the top, but that would look weird.

Glad to see you, it means you're ok. :up:

Do you have any news on the studio access front? I think there's still one theme that needs volume adjustment? The Romulan diplomacy screen one, IIRC.
And the Dominion VOs, it would be great to have a new set of those, more similar to the 1st version.
I would agree with greying out the upgrade rather than removing it. The jump up is annoying and this would be a nice QOL fix.

Return to “Supremacy”