Issue with mouse clicks

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Issue with mouse clicks

Post by Silverbreaker »

Is there a possibility to make the game more snappy?
Every mouse-click takes a few seconds to respond...
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Misfire »

Silverbreaker wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:57 am Is there a possibility to make the game more snappy?
Every mouse-click takes a few seconds to respond...
Hello,

Can you give any more details? Has it always run like this for you, or just on recent patches? What kind of system are you running the game on?

If it is taking a few seconds to respond to mouse clicks, there is definitely something wrong. I'm running the game on what is essentially a tablet running Windows 11 (Pentium Silver processor). I don't get much lag, and I'm running it within Visual Studio which can be a memory hog. Iceman has been around a lot longer than I and may know of some things that can cause this, I'm sure he'll be along soon. Like I said, any details you can provide will be helpful.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Unless you're running the game on a 15+ year old machine, I have no clue :???:
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

I have a rtx 3080, intel 12900k, 64 gb 3600 mhz ddr4 ram, Win11, all new drivers and runtimes...
its not that slow but it takes artificial a little bit more time to process mouse-clicks in the menus and on the main screen than botf vanilla does. It feels a little bit off
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Silverbreaker wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:34 pm I have a rtx 3080, intel 12900k, 64 gb 3600 mhz ddr4 ram, Win11, all new drivers and runtimes...
its not that slow but it takes artificial a little bit more time to process mouse-clicks in the menus and on the main screen than botf vanilla does. It feels a little bit off
Does it happen during an entire game? Or just late game?
Any menus in particular, or all of them?
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

it happens right from the start :-/ what is the basic-version to update the game with the newest patches?
SupremacyTest_20210113.zip?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Silverbreaker wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:04 pm it happens right from the start :-/
Have you tested the game in any other machine? If not, can you?
Could it be related to Win11?

what is the basic-version to update the game with the newest patches?
SupremacyTest_20210113.zip?
Yes.
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

my cpu have issues with Win10... I will test some things
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Has anyone ever tested the game on Win11?
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

I was soo disgusted by it, that Win11 is only thing that i tested(tested vNext also, burped a lil there too, but forgot the experience after drive format and good night sleep)
Had constant urges to touch the screen :grin:
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Silverbreaker wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:21 pm my cpu have issues with Win10... I will test some things
Go to your bios, locate CPU(i assume you have Intel) option named VT-d (dont mix this with virtualization, its related, but is not what you want to Disable in this case),
in case of AMD you will have to get more info, in case cpu option name is different.

In case you(this applies to any user) do not use Hyper-V, eSXI or other virtualization tech, you can safely turn ALL options regarding virtualization to off.

In case of Win10(win11 is the same crap, its same kernel just gui is different, to clear this up, win11 is to win10 as is win7 to vista)
on some mobo-cpu's turning prefetch in bios to off can speed things up
--dont mix this up with windows prefetch service, sodom and gomorrah if you turn this off in windows--

In regards to Supremacy, usually pointers will finish at GPU, my guess would be to turn all advanced gpu features off and start from there.
Can be configured in GPU Software per game, and in case of AMD,...well that ati catalyst crap is still crap to start with, and acts weird per gpu, I had experience(tho for new games) where FPS would drasticly improve if i just installed GPU drivers without Software.

To properly reinstall gpu drivers, use DDU.
To reboot your win10 pc in safe mode, while in windows, click Start -> Power and while holding Shift click Restart, wait a few seconds, and follow path to boot mode(DO NOT mess in msconfig if you dont know what you are doing),..
Troubleshoot->Advanced->Startup Settings (F8 does not exist in win10)
2nd way to trigger safe boot menu is to force(i use rs button on pc case(if i cant boot into win, dont molestate win in case they do boot properly)) 3 failed boots, when first win logo appears, wait a second and click rs, repeat 3times.

You can also try Win+R (open Start -> Run window) ,...type "dxcpl" and hit Ok,...
if you dont have it installed, you will need to get DirectX SDK(ofc by Microsoft), with this you can try forcing dx versions and see how that helps. In case Supremacy, i assume starting choice would be dx9.

EDIT: Also note that, in case you "default" your bios options, your drive should(its desirable, but not a must) be in AHCI mode (possible options are IDE,RAID and AHCI), if windows booted and now fails after loaded defaults, check/change HDD mode.
In short, this is applied once onto windows during windows install, and will cause boot issues if switched afterwards.
This options is only related to your power savings of drive, not related to speed at all.
This can be changed only by setting it 1st in bios and than installing windows.

NOTICE: mentioned changes in BIOS/UEFI should not cause "errors" in boot, in case they do, return old values back, tho if this happens, my next guess is your mobo options aint set properly, and maybe seek help from friend or some other IT guy, cus whoever set it, didnt do a proper job ;)
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

I have installed the game new and only updated the last patch and it runs smoother now. Thanks
TempestWales
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TempestWales »

Iceman wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 am Has anyone ever tested the game on Win11?
Yes, and it runs the same as it did on Win 10 for me. But the game has never always been super snappy for my, its always felt like having a 20-30ms lag in the interface.

But I've been using Win 11 since late last year and In fact I also run the game in an RDP VM Server running 2019, runs well.

Return to “Supremacy”