Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Canon home quadrants

Post by geon »

Hi there,
just a quick observation. I think the Klingon and Romulan canon starting positions are back to front...what I mean is that the Klingon starting position should be towards the rim making borders with the Federation and Cardassians likely in the early game, while the Romulan starting position in the upper quadrant make borders with the Federation and later the Borg likely....as happened in the various tv series.

Apart from this. I'm really enjoying the game and can't wait for further developments (especially the ship combat screen)

All the best,
Geon
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Canon home quadrants

Post by Iceman »

Hi geon!

Do you mean in the canon map provided with the game (loaded from the map editor), or in random maps with Home Quadrants set to Canon?
If the latter, the homesystems are generated randomly in each quadrant; the positions are not canon, only the quadrants are - to increase replayability.
Check out the canon map and provide feedback on how to improve it, it's still a WiP.
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

Hi Iceman,

I mean the canon map...but I ' ve just discovered you can alter it manually (is swap the positions of the Klingon and Romulan Homeworld. So it may not be that much of a problem after all.

On another note, do you need any help with the shiplists? Some of those non canon designs are driving me nuts

Regards

Geon
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geon wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:09 pm I mean the canon map...but I ' ve just discovered you can alter it manually (is swap the positions of the Klingon and Romulan Homeworld. So it may not be that much of a problem after all.
Hmm? Swapping them will make Romulus be to the "south" and Qo'noS to the "north", in the BQ. That's not canon at all. :???:
Even though ST canon is what it is... :roll:

Yes, you can edit the file manually, but you can also do it with the map editor included in the game.

On another note, do you need any help with the shiplists? Some of those non canon designs are driving me nuts
YES! We need=https://www.armadafleetcommand.com ... 300&t=3302 all the help we can get.
We still need some classes and models for slots that were missing and were added some time ago:
DOM_SCIENCE_SHIP_III
CARD_ , KLING_ , ROM_ CONSTRUCTION_SHIP_II
CARD_ , DOM_ , FED_ , KLING_ , ROM_ CONSTRUCTION_SHIP_III
DOM_ , KLING_COLONY_SHIP_III

If you can help with that (and anything else), that'd great! :up:

We still need new game Context Menus for half the empires, and a few themes, as priorities.
Attachments
ST canon map.gif
ST canon map.gif (600.5 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A section of the canon ST map.
I used these 2 images (that conflict in some points) to make the current canon map. It's not finished yet.
The point is to have a "balanced" map that will allow you to play each empire in the way that fits their nature. Choosing which minors to place on the map with that in mind is not easy. Placing all the original Federation members near the Federation's starting position might be nice in a RP sense, but not so much in a gameplay sense.

Any ideas on improvements are welcome.
Attachments
ST canon map.png
ST canon map.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1974 times
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Iceman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am
► Show Spoiler
Excel table of Canon map(5th edit)
Ctrl and mouse scroll (zoom)
Ctrl and + or - (zoom)
Middle mouse button (move view)
Arrows on keyb (move view)
-Models(for now) should be around 2k vertices, should not be over 5k. Less with more details is always :up:
-Should be in modelname.fbx format, so we can convert it. Unless you use Exporter, than you have to apply directX modelname.x format and convert it to xna modelname.xnb.
-Keep an eye for game "bubble" :grin: too big=game wont show model

I didnt make ability to preview ship models in web yet(will add download and uploads too, eventually),
current ship models collection that i have is between 70 and 100Gb. It involves around 5-6 major titles in ST genre(and some major mods),
along with some custom made models from other web pages.
If you find a model from some game you want and cant extract, pm me and well see what next ;)

Atm, most wanted ship fixes;
► Show Spoiler
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

You are right guys. I had it on random maps set to canon, which I mistook for the canon map on the map editor. My mistake and apologies

Geon
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Danijel wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:30 am
Iceman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 am
► Show Spoiler
Excel table of Canon map(5th edit)
Ctrl and mouse scroll (zoom)
Ctrl and + or - (zoom)
Middle mouse button (move view)
Arrows on keyb (move view)
-Models(for now) should be around 2k vertices, should not be over 5k. Less with more details is always :up:
-Should be in modelname.fbx format, so we can convert it. Unless you use Exporter, than you have to apply directX modelname.x format and convert it to xna modelname.xnb.
-Keep an eye for game "bubble" :grin: too big=game wont show model

I didnt make ability to preview ship models in web yet(will add download and uploads too, eventually),
current ship models collection that i have is between 70 and 100Gb. It involves around 5-6 major titles in ST genre(and some major mods),
along with some custom made models from other web pages.
If you find a model from some game you want and cant extract, pm me and well see what next ;)

Atm, most wanted ship fixes;
► Show Spoiler
Is that Excel file the latest 'canon' map included in the game?
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Iceman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:28 am A section of the canon ST map.
I used these 2 images (that conflict in some points) to make the current canon map. It's not finished yet.
The point is to have a "balanced" map that will allow you to play each empire in the way that fits their nature. Choosing which minors to place on the map with that in mind is not easy. Placing all the original Federation members near the Federation's starting position might be nice in a RP sense, but not so much in a gameplay sense.

Any ideas on improvements are welcome.
Perhaps its worth having a

'canon game map'

and 'canon RP map'

So people can play as they like? That would be awesome I love the RP element of the game, I used to play the Dominon Wars scenario absolutely all the time on BOTF1 which was excellent.

Thanks
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

toffeeblue wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am Is that Excel file the latest 'canon' map included in the game?
Nope. I also used that excel file to create the canon map, but they're not the exact same. Not yet anyway.
But we can change the canon map to mimic the excel file.

toffeeblue wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:32 am Perhaps its worth having a

'canon game map'

and 'canon RP map'

So people can play as they like? That would be awesome I love the RP element of the game, I used to play the Dominon Wars scenario absolutely all the time on BOTF1 which was excellent.
The difference would probaby (almost) only be the close neighborhood of Sol?
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

How about a Canon map that mimiced the BOTF 1 - UDM large - "Dominion War scenario" ?

That one I have a copy of and its very accurate to canon except for the Gamma and Delta quadrants (which could be expanded upon)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Once you have the map done, post it here and I'll add it to the next release.
Thanks!

Return to “Supremacy”