Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Guide for New Players

Post by NayThanLok »

Hi,

Absolutely loving the game and slowly realising that it is far more complex and subtle than meets the eye.
I have tried searching the forums for specific details and I’ve seen what looks like an old wiki/guide - which seems incomplete and out of date.

Is there an updated guide book or manual available for new players please?

Something that explains what each ship class is for?
What trust and regard actually mean in game terms?
What the envoy skills all mean in game terms and how to marry them up with a matching minor race attitude.
Eg does combat go with warlike?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Guide for New Players

Post by Iceman »

NayThanLok wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:17 pm Is there an updated guide book or manual available for new players please?
There is a very very old manual in the \Resources\Manual folder, which afc was trying to update a few months ago. But the required changes are just way too extensive. I might make it available, though it is a bit bland right now.
We need to make a new manual from scratch. I had started making a new one a very looong time ago, but it never took off.

Something that explains what each ship class is for?
The class names are rather self-explanatory, and they don't change much from BotF's. There are a couple of new classes, to perform specific tasks: the TTs in BotF were split into TTs and Construction Ships, each with its own specific role; Science Ships are used to survey phenomena.

What trust and regard actually mean in game terms?
The names are rather self-explanatory too, Regard is how civs "like" each other, and Trust is how they trust each other. Each of these has an influence in diplomacy; some proposals are only accepted if a certain level of Trust is achieved, and like in BotF a certain level of Regard is required for certain Treaties to be "acceptable" (with some modifiers) like in BotF.

What the envoy skills all mean in game terms and how to marry them up with a matching minor race attitude.
Eg does combat go with warlike?
That matching is not (yet?) in the game. Envoys use their Charisma and Leadership skills in their interactions - check the Data\Agents.xaml file for more details regarding skills vs agent type (only envoys are working right now).

I'll try to explain in more detail later, and answer more specific questions that you may have. Lunch time now, sorry :wink:
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

:lol: Thankyou - appreciate the response.

The only reason I was asking is because in some of the old manuals it mentions things like you need survey ships being there whenever you colonize as it enhances the procedure and gives you more points etc - and other little things like that that I never knew before.

I thought that all the characters that appeared as you playing were diplomats and you had to utilize their skills to best persuade/attract minor races. Ie someone with combat skills would be good for a warlike race- I didn't realize that the game is designed (but not yet using) them in other roles.

I'm astounded by everything that's being done here.

Stop wasting time reading this message and get back to working on the game!! :lol:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hehe, ok, back to work then. :cool:

Return to “Supremacy”