Star Trek - Picard S3

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Star Trek - Picard S3

Post by Valcoren »

I hope the EU also got the new release of the show this week. episode 1 was outstanding, but my biggest takeaway was the new LCARS system the LCARS2 is amazing.
Attachments
LCARS2_10.jpg
LCARS2_10.jpg (51.56 KiB) Viewed 788 times
LCARS2_02.jpg
LCARS2_02.jpg (50.54 KiB) Viewed 788 times
LCARS2_08.jpg
LCARS2_08.jpg (54.12 KiB) Viewed 788 times
Axis
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Trek - Picard S3

Post by Axis »

At least it has better blue and red (closer to opposites of each other, looks comfortably warm and more interesting).

I'm watching S2 of Picard from blu-ray (lagging behind in these new series, also have to wait for nordic translations for b-r).

I wouldn't know about the rest of EU about this new season, but I guess they have to translate it before release, so it might take some time.
Impress the Empress.
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

The first episode was ok but also episode 1-3 of season 1-2 were ok, after that it went steadily downhill. I'm not expecting much from season 3 - especially since it was produced at the same time as season 2.

It feels more like a Christmas special with Star Trek TNG characters...
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Is Picard worth watching? I stopped paying attention to any of the new stuff after the 2nd new movie, never even watched the 3rd. Well, until just recently when I watched all 3 of the new movies to see if they were as bad as I seemed to remember. 1st is OK I guess, like some aspects of it, could've been done a lot better. Those movies all have a Star Wars feel to them. Didn't much care for the second one, and really didn't like the 3rd. Just felt like 1 long action scene with brief interruptions.

Regarding the LCARS screens, looks like a more useable interface compared to say TNG. Seemed like the panels there were just a bunch of different colored buttons with some number on them that the operator just knew what each button did.
Axis
Captain
Captain

Post by Axis »

I think this thread should be in the General Chang, Chat, I mean General Chat section btw. :roll:
Impress the Empress.

Return to “Supremacy”