Supremacy (BotF 2)

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Paranoia
Ensign
Ensign

Supremacy (BotF 2)

Post by Paranoia »

Hi, is this just a rumour or is there actually a BOTF 2?
war800
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: BOTF 2

Post by war800 »

Paranoia wrote:Hi, is this just a rumour or is there actually a BOTF 2?
well, not from any normal studio or whatnot. but there are a group of people making one, though. the website is somewhere on here. just do a search and i'm sure you'll find it
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Welcome to the forums, Paranoia! :)

I believe you're referring to Star Trek Supremacy, which can be found here:

http://www.startreksupremacy.com/

Enjoy!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Paranoia
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoia »

thanks alot guys!

edit,

ive had a look at the site and youtube videos, it looks to me to be fairly similar to the ST Armada games, does anyone know if it is still turn based?

also has it been released yet or is it still in development?

cheers
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Paranoia wrote:thanks alot guys!

edit,

ive had a look at the site and youtube videos, it looks to me to be fairly similar to the ST Armada games, does anyone know if it is still turn based?

The game is turn-based like BOTF. I think that space battles (when they're added, which won't be for a while yet) *might* be in real-time, but don't quote me on that.

Paranoia wrote:also has it been released yet or is it still in development?

cheers

Still in development. I believe we're looking at least another year before it's ready, probably longer.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

Hey Paranoia, if you're looking for the Supremacy forums, then they are located Here. I'm working on the game database, so if you have any questions or comments about the game, please let me know. :)

As for whether the game has been released, yes, we do have a pre-alpha version available. It doesn't have an AI nor a combat system - yet - but you can choose to play as any of the five Empires. Check out the very first post of This Thread for download links, installation requirements, and general game information.

Martok is also correct about the space battles - they are real time. Now i'm sure you're probably confused because I said Supremacy doesn't yet have a combat system. Well it does, it's just not *in* the game at the moment; it's being made as a standalone program, which will then be merged into Supremacy once it is complete. You can download a copy of the combat system from the downloads section of Star-trek-games.com - but you need to register on the portal and sign into your account before you can access the downloads section. Once you have done both things, the download is available from Here. Both Supremacy and the combat system require the installation of Microsoft's .Net 3.5 SP1 platform, which you can download from Here if you don't already have it.
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I played if until some turn in the 50's and my first comment is: awesome!
I really liked it. Sure, there are allways some things to change (look at all other games available). If I have some time I will check out the combat system l8er that day and visit the forums as well. But now I have to sleep.
fw_fenix
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: BOTF 2

Post by fw_fenix »

Is this still in development? the last update on the webpage was in 2009...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy (BotF 2)

Post by Iceman »

Hey fenix, wlcome to the forums!

Yes, Supremacy is still in development, a new build was actually released a few days ago, check out the thread in the announcements thread.
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3068

The webpage you're refering to is kind of dead, like you noticed it hasn't been updated in years. This forum is the "home" for Supremacy currently.
JeanApple
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re:

Post by JeanApple »

Martok wrote: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:35 am Welcome to the forums, Paranoia! :)

I believe you're referring to Star Trek Supremacy, which can be found here:

http://www.startreksupremacy.com/

Enjoy!
WOW! I can't believe this site is still online. I designed it over a decade ago. Perhaps I should get in touch with Mike to give it a new look.

Perhaps I can help with the hosting costs of the website and repository of the code.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy (BotF 2)

Post by Iceman »

Mike is not actively involved in the project anymore, not for the time being anyway.
If you could revive (and update) the site, that would be awesome! A new look would help, I guess ;)

The source code is currently being hosted in BitBucket BTW.

Return to “Supremacy”