Windows 10 problems/solutions please post them here

This forum contains threads from support forum outdated or no longer neede.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Windows 10 problems/solutions please post them here

Post by thunderchero »

this is a very old section and most info and fixes are out of date and may not work.

to help you better you would need to provide more info.

I suggest you create a new support topic in this section
viewforum.php?f=303

if you have not already you should download the "All in one" installer
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get- ... le_id=1958

this takes care of most issues, but please read complete download description.

thunderchero
pt9999
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by pt9999 »

Hey man, sorry to bother you again but I just have a quick question. Is it just me, or are there less star systems in the game now then there used to be? I compared a picture of a large map on regular UDM 3 from the version I had previously downloaded from this site to the one that you told me to download today (thank you by the way, works perfectly) and there seemed to be far fewer star systems across the entire galactic map. (I used the reveal map cheat on both) Maybe there is something wrong with my eyes lol but it just strongly felt like that there are less star systems on all of the maps of all sizes on the vanilla game and all of the mods and their different versions that I installed today, compared to the previous versions I had played/installed. If I am correct, is there a way to possibly fix that? Thank you in advance.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

your eyes are correct there is less sectors on wide screen version this was discussed earlier in this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3803#p50147

now they more match the 4:3 versions as they should to decrease turn processing later in the game.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Note; after posting this some mods I may need to go back and adjust max density (max possible systems) such as UDM and maybe a few other since UE re-adjusts the value much lower then mod intended in 4:3

so it still uses original 4:3 value not value UE sets
FrankieDooSpace
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by FrankieDooSpace »

I am happy to see that you guys are still around.
"You left spacedock without a tractor beam?"
-Captain James T. Kirk-

"It won't be installed until Tuesday."
-Captain John Harriman-
NXValiant
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by NXValiant »

Hi,
So I looked for at least 15min in this forum, but I couldn't find a reply that worked for me (or that I properly understood), so I'll post anyway ;-)

I downloaded the All in One package and installed a few mods, and they seem to work. But they all suffer from very bad performance. Sound, graphics, cursor, all are very laggy. Funny enough, when I wanted to write this post yesterday evening after looking through the forum, I opened the All the Ages Mod and it suddenly ran smoothly, so I stopped writing the post. But now the issue is there again and I have no idea what I did yesterday (or if it was just sheer luck).

Dxwnd is installed and I also installed that DX9 package that was noted as a requirement somewhere. Would be grateful if somebody could walk me through solving this problem :)

Thx in advance and happy Friday,
Valiant
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

The best way to insure you are using DxWnd (this is only way to stop mouse lag)

If you have a desktop icon for DxWnd run this and select version you want to play
or
go to your game install path open "Tools" folder then open either "dxwnd_Fullscreen" or "dxwnd_windowed" and run the DxWnd.exe and select version you want to play.
F9thskynet
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by F9thskynet »

To whom this may concern,

So I have been having lot of problems with just getting the game to work, however for the most part with the help of Iceman and Danijel.

I'm posting here because I wanted to point out that I had an issue that I was having with lag and crash I'm currently using a Alienware laptop with Windows 11 Home. It's not very old but Danijel pointed out after looking at one of my errors that he thought my GPU needed to be updated or so he thought by looking at the error. I already had this done earlier today because of a post of someone that was having a similar yet different issue, but it occurred to me that I have three vid cards two Nvidia SLI cards and one onboard vid and what I found when looking was that windows had preselected automatic switching of the GPU for programs and since the game is installed well back doored like it is, windows doesn't recognize it to set NVidias GPU so I just for the time being changed the automatic selection to Nvidia permanently and what do you know the games running with no lag and not crashing anymore.

Now with all this being said I am not sure if this is the latest iteration of Supremacy but for now i'm happy that it works at all. I'm sorry if i posted here being that I am using windows 11 but i thought it was better to post here than nowhere. Hope this helps!

Thanks all!

Sky.

Return to “Support Archive”