Multiplayer Via Router Issue (Tried Everything)

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
Please read the topic titles below to see if your issue matches already solved issues before creating new support ticket.
hobo
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Multiplayer Via Router Issue (Tried Everything)

Post by hobo »

I was trying to show my wife this incredible game from my childhood, and was blown away with how big this community has gotten since the last time I visited the site (prior to 2016, at least), and was even more excited to see the "new" All-in-One installer, which made it super simple for her and I to both install the vanilla game with DxWnd in windowed 1024 mode.

That said, when attempting to jump in to a game together, we are running into issues, mainly that we can't find each other's game, regardless of who is host. We followed the instructions here, however, when we get to the part where the joining player should see the game name pop up, it never shows.

We are both on Windows 10, with fresh All-in-One installs, direct play enabled, connected to the same router. Any ideas?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Multiplayer Via Router Issue (Tried Everything)

Post by thunderchero »

when you are waiting for game to popup hit the "windows" key on your keyboard, this will lower game to taskbar. you should have a message box to allow the trek.exe access to firewall. this needs to be done on both computers.

if you have done this already your router may not allow game play. this is not uncommon. if this is the case you would need to use gameranger.
but setup is even more difficult.

Return to “Submit a support ticket for Windows (all versions)”