Win 10 Not starting

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
Please read the topic titles below to see if your issue matches already solved issues before creating new support ticket.
U.S.S Majestic
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Win 10 Not starting

Post by U.S.S Majestic »

Greetings all,

Had some fond memories of this game and tried out the all in one installer 2.0. I installed DxWND at same time as rest of mods. Regardless of clicking the Desktop symbol or launching through DxWND I get the Starfleet insignia in taskbar, and a few seconds later a black rectangle in top left of my screen before the game closes.

I tried looking for "Direct Play" to make sure was enabled but I cannot find it.

Running AMD A-10 5400
10 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 7570

Thank- you for your time.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Win 10 Not starting

Post by thunderchero »

U.S.S Majestic wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 am I tried looking for "Direct Play" to make sure was enabled but I cannot find it.
enter this in any folder window
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
on left select "Turn Windows features on or off"
in new window scroll down until you find "Legacy Components" and select box.

I doubt if this is your issue but should be checked.
U.S.S Majestic wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 am I get the Starfleet insignia in taskbar, and a few seconds later a black rectangle in top left of my screen before the game closes.
what resolution did you install? this sounds like your system does not support installed resolution

are you tring to run game in fullscreen or windowed if resolution is not supported it may work in windowed mode.
U.S.S Majestic
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by U.S.S Majestic »

Confirmed the DIrectplay box was checked.

I installed at the 1024 x 728 i believe (one after the default 800x600). I am trying to run Fullscreen as well.

Should I uninstall all and reinstall at default and go to windowed?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

you should check what resolution is supported, see this topic
viewtopic.php?f=303&t=3789#p50055

you should re-download installer if you plan on re-installing, you might have gotten a corrupt download?
U.S.S Majestic
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by U.S.S Majestic »

Alrighty, looks like resolution wasnt supported. I uninstalled all the things and am going to redownload the AIO.

Not sure if this helps but before doing so i clicked a random mod (Uncivil) and it launched. Off center my screen and to the left, but i could see the intro and was centered in a black box. When the menu came up I had my mouse but I couldn't click any menu options and had to Force close it.

Thanks so much for your help by the way. i think I'll hold off on mods and get the Vanilla working.

Return to “Submit a support ticket for Windows (all versions)”