Games will not start from launcher on Windows 11

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
Please read the topic titles below to see if your issue matches already solved issues before creating new support ticket.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Games will not start from launcher on Windows 11

Post by thunderchero »

nightman1701 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:52 pm I have it installed and I have tried to run directly from there and it does not load no matter which mod I select.
you must have some antivirus or windows protection blocking dxwnd from hooking trek.exe
right click and in properties check if "blocked" and also set to run as admin on dxwmd and trek.exe's
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:47 pmgo to C:\botf\tools\DxWnd\dxwnd_Fullscreen and run Dxwnd.exe and select mod you want to play from list
I think you forgot to mention that the three proxy files have to be deleted in mod directory to use DxWnd launcher? :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:36 pm
thunderchero wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:47 pmgo to C:\botf\tools\DxWnd\dxwnd_Fullscreen and run Dxwnd.exe and select mod you want to play from list
I think you forgot to mention that the three proxy files have to be deleted in mod directory to use DxWnd launcher? :wink:
thank you and correct, If I had a working brain it might help. Everything I have learned about creating models is gone now....
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

thunderchero wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:13 pm
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:36 pm
thank you and correct, If I had a working brain it might help. Everything I have learned about creating models is gone now....
Figured out what the issue was and I feel really dumb...LOL. My Nvidia Graphics driver needed an update and that fixed all the issues. I appreciate you all taking the time to help me with this. The work you all have done to keep this game alive is great!! Thanks!!

Return to “Submit a support ticket for Windows (all versions)”