AAML Crashes after combat, turn 1117

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
Please read the topic titles below to see if your issue matches already solved issues before creating new support ticket.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: AAML Crashes after combat, turn 1117

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:39 pm I made it to next turn on saved game above.
sounds promising!

too bad I can't test it given the old AIO download is down
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:06 am too bad I can't test it given the old AIO download is down
I reuploaded beta 5
beta5
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:55 am I reuploaded beta 5
Thanks, that solved the crash so i could load the game.

Looks like the patched save I uploaded indeed has fixed the reported crash! I'm short on time, but progressed another few turns without of issue. :grin:

What I noticed is that with the unpatched save there was another two battles. So I guess the crash was caused by phantom taskforce instances that actually were part of another taskforce in another sector so after battle the game failed to remove destroyed ships.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

@ baz08 - In case you missed it, Flocke uploaded the fixed saved game: download/file.php?id=3543 :idea:

Great work with the saved game fix option via UE. :up: :cool:

Flocke wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:16 pmDon't tell me that they allocate a data array to map all the taskforces by array index! :shock:
You don't want to know....
Flocke wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:28 amWithout question it is a common issue. I have seen broken saves like that a few times and it is sure to break the game rather soon than later. The player and AI just need to redeploy ships often enough and the counter raises amazingly fast.
It's not all new temp IDs, just the new TFs remaining the next turn. As told, no interest in trek.exe patch for this unless AI and turn-lag gets fixed first:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:27 pmNot that many, only repeatable without crash log (but with clear windows event logs) from long time pet-universe games against weak AI mods (turn lag would kill interesting/good games).
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
baz08
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by baz08 »

@ baz08 - In case you missed it, Flocke uploaded the fixed saved game: download/file.php?id=3543 :idea:
Awesome, yes i wasn't sure this meant "fixed" fixed, but thanks so much for everyone's help @flocke, @thunderchero, @spocks-cuddly-tribble, i will give it a download and see how things get on :up: :grin:

Edit: Game completed, final turn was 1188 :grin:

Return to “Submit a support ticket for Windows (all versions)”