(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: (Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.3.0a

Post by Tethys »

A few upcoming things which will be in the next release. Please excuse, these are pictures and not screenshots. Its late and I am in a rush at the moment...

The planetary nebula image is subject to change. It has no combat or map effects yet, neither blackhole has any effects. Reason being that anomaly uses stellinfo and star uses systinfo. I am still trying to figure that out, as I am not familiar with the structures of these stacks.
Attachments
received_2853307574997288.jpeg
received_2853307574997288.jpeg (103.64 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
received_413526019736041.jpeg
received_413526019736041.jpeg (89.65 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
Last edited by Tethys on Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Your message contains too few characters.
Attachments
received_293585315681907.jpeg
received_293585315681907.jpeg (107.16 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
received_461931058361377.jpeg
received_461931058361377.jpeg (114.36 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
AJ031
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by AJ031 »

I've tried a bunch of mods I think this one is going to be the one I black hole my time with.

Thanks for the mod (I just found out this game exists).

Rather looking forward to the update you are working on!
AJ031
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by AJ031 »

Game seems to crash at some point between turn 90ish and turn 150ish. . . I can't seem to progress further than this. Any ideas?

I assumed there would be stability issues so I was using 3 saves about 10 turns behind each other, does not appear to have an impact. If it crashes at lets say turn 138 even if I load a save from 117 and play through to then it still crashes on turn 138. . .

So whatever causes the crash is random for each new game, but once the game starts the crash will be at the same spot no matter what.
AJ031
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by AJ031 »

The issue I was having was in 0.3.0a not your newest release.

The new release you have looks to have many interesting features, I am trying it out right now.

Any reason for the change in screen size? Also why the change back to the Starfleet emblem?
AJ031
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by AJ031 »

Attached is the saved file from my game. . . it crashes next turn. If anyone can fiddle with it I'd love to continue on with this one.
Attachments
game1.sav
(288.02 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
AJ031
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by AJ031 »

Tethys, ignore my other posts, as I was not following proper save protocol and my save files got corrupted.

Do however pay attention to my prior praise post.

I just want to say superb mod, some of the things I really like (keep in mind this is the older 0.3.0a), the overall feel, the layout, the removal of the annoying forever upgrade (I mean upgrade a data center once, twice maybe, but 10 times no one needs that, it just becomes tedious), the way you do it I love it (I think you increase efficiency with techs or something)! The battlefields range it feels like an appropriate range vs the original where everyone is right on top of each other. The massive amount of ships even the "redundant" ones as they have different attack abilities during battles (I'm assuming the choices of attack are hard coded for the particular class of ship, thus a ship which was used all around would need this "redundancy"). The way it feels like you are going through the ages. . . etc, etc, etc. I'm going to try the Dominion mod next as that one also looks superb (if there is one thing to critique, why make the Borg a race? Could it not be a monster and could not that slot just be regular Cardassians?)

TLDR: Great mod (0.3.0a)! Ignore my other posts.
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

yeah - this Mod got it all right, even the small Dominion Attack Ships (Bug Ships). Keep up the good work and please do a Full HD Version of your Mod
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Silverbreaker wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:21 pm yeah - this Mod got it all right, even the small Dominion Attack Ships (Bug Ships). Keep up the good work and please do a Full HD Version of your Mod
last time I asked Tethys only 1024 x 768 will be available.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: (Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.3.6a

Post by Tethys »

I appreciate the praise everyone. It is what fuels the motivation. :)

To quickly reply: The problem with expanding resolution is the amount of graphic work involved, especially for the Borg. Its coming, but its not coming soon lol. I want to still add more features, and make BotF a little more robust, with my meager coding skills..

As for the Borg: I felt they needed to be better represented as a major power rather than the Cardassians, since in DS9 the Cardassians joined the Dominion (another major power) and thus became minor at that point. To give them more than what they seem to be worth would seem pointless, and the Borg have at least 5 canon ship designs that we have seen: Cube, Sphere, Diamond, Tac cube, Probe, and there are others as well, Lore's Borg ship, and the scout ship wreckage that was found in one TNG episode. I wanna say Hugh, but don't quote me.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: (Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.3.6x

Post by Tethys »

Update includes 8 item build queue and F2 screen sector ID (XY) by Thunderchero, and 2 new stellar objects by yours truly.

Derelict Station Empok Nor no longer moves in combat, but will neither hail nor attack (bug), you will have to destroy the station to populate the system You should be able to AUTO HAIL the combat with a CS and non-support ship in a taskforce together to colonize the system, leaving the station a derelict (bug). As a boobytrap, it should behave like the Gomtuu.. minus the retreat functions, so you could colonize the system peacefully. I will have to fashion a new code block, because Echo Papa code block is way too small to add a modified Gomtuu code, and Edo God code has checks for Edo population, so that won't work either.

Planetary blackhole and planetary nebula do not have any map or combat effects, due to the differing structures of StellInfo and SysInfo, however the AI does make use of the new star types (tested and verified). I do not believe there is any support for star type stellar effects, as there are for nebulae. Such a type of modification is highly in depth and labor intensive, since the file needing to be altered is dynamic and ever changing. It becomes a math issue, not a simple code change...

Without further ado,

!!! LATEST VERSION DOWNLOAD !!!
Galaxies MOD v0.3.6x - LATEST VERSION (REQUIRES AIO Installer)
Last edited by Tethys on Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Hi there! I am playing this great Galaxies mod, and it is so much fun.

My Sol planet (as Federation) is showing that my D income is in red, showing minus 27000+. I am making over 50000+ per turn.

Is this minus income something that I need to worry.. or is it a game feature?

Thank you for this awesome mod! :up:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I just reread the post, and you said it is specific to the Sol system? That is odd... Have you scrapped your industry structures?

Is this the latest version, 0.3.6x?

I'd be happy to have a look at the save file.
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Tethys wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:34 am I just reread the post, and you said it is specific to the Sol system? That is odd... Have you scrapped your industry structures?

Is this the latest version, 0.3.6x?

I'd be happy to have a look at the save file.
It is specific to the Sol system. No, I haven`t scrapped any industry structure, I think it might be something with having friendship with the Romulans at that time, and having extra credits due to trade routes.. but now, after they had declared war against me, now the credits are not minus red in Sol system, but are in my total D income. Here is a latest save game file ( it is the latest version of your mod v0.3.6x):
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

I can`t get past this next turn, it just CTD. Here is a savegame file. Had a great game til this 113 turn.

Return to “Galaxies MOD”