Galaxies Mod v0.2.4 - Feedback & Suggestions

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Should the Borg utilize Colony Ships as a means by which to expand?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 54

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Due to lack of time I must put this on hold until I can free up some time, I will be working on getting my car fixed/job searching for the next few days, possibly week, so please bear with me.

@ exceL: your feedback does help, as does all feedback
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Borg
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Borg »

Yes I agree the research is too fast I also the Romulan out post or star base needs to be scale up a lot more its too small.
I think the borg assimiation center should be a building thats only get built on subjugated systems only, why becouse went you capture a system playing has the borg, the race that you have just assimilated should not make the morale go down aftder so long, becouse they are borg now borg don't have morale. So I think the Borg assimilaton center should have +1 morale to stop the subjugated or assimilated morale go down or up.
Becouse every 2 sec I have keep using the assimilaton center on a assimilated system.

Now if I was using a diffrent race and I subjugated a system then yes I would have keep on using Jem'hadar Guards or police state etc etc etc... , now the Borg should work a bit diffrent to that.

Now ideas the Research points shuold be more, the Borg assimilaton center should built on a subjugated or assimilated system to keep morale nomula not to go up or down.

I hope this will help you in your next version.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Ive been playing a tech 1 game as the Dominion against tech 5 opponenets, and each time i play, i get owned. really owned.

I had to cheat in my latest game (money) because Feds AND Klings war pacted against me, so I need to steal the T'Lani for their 800+ population and build more cruisers, plus try to bribe the Klingons into a non agression of some kind... man this is difficult o.O
Selected
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Selected »

I enjoyed playing this mod, playing as the borg gives the game a fresh coat of paint or something like that :lol:

The borg territory is really fitting and assimilating races is disturbingly satisfying. Although I did encounter something strange when I was building a borg cube the turns remaining was 51 I took a turn and it had dropped to 47 and kept falling at a unsteady rate.

I am having a lot of fun playing this mod can't wait for the finished version

Keep up the good work Tethys.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

You probably have the Unicomplex active, this gives +5000 shipbuilding for the Borg... build a Sphere and see if it isnt done in 2 turns instead of 7 ;)

I may adjust this value down a little, depending on the feedback I get... so far, Ive not had any problems using the +5000... its the AI i am worried about... they never seem to build enough ships as the Borg :/

Thanks glad you are enjoying it :D
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

Hi Tethys,

Congratulations on a great mod. I realise this is still a work in progress, so please take any observations as constructive. While not having played it that long, I have noticed a number of things.

Firstly the positives.

Superb Borg vessels - playing the Collective is interesting.
Great Borg interface - although see below
Large galaxy, allowing a player some time to build up before meeting the other superpowers.
Very large selection of ships
Yours is the first mod I've played where the B'rel is rightfully classified as a cruiser....hooray!!!!

What could be improved.
Ship scales - it seems to me that some ships are either too large or too small. The cubes especially seem way too big, while the Species 8472 bioship seems too small.
Borg interface - while the design with the Borg symbols is outstanding, I find the lettering and numbers hard to read (maybe its just my eyes!!). Is it possible in the next update to have the letter font more vanilla like (larger, and maybe in green colouring)?

But these minor items are just part of every ongoing mod fine tuning. So I am looking forward to future editions of the Galaxy Mod.

And again, congratulations and thank you!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Glad you are enjoying assimilating species :twisted: Im really struggling right now to find any time at all to do anything other than work, come home and check new posts.. :(

Keep the suggestions coming! They are appreciated
Sela
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Sela »

I only have a problem with the cloaking klingons, but I already made a seperate post on that. Is the cardassian transport in any way better than the karreman transport?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

if im not mistaken the karemman has 2 speed and some weapons too
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Galaxies Mod v0.2.4 - Feedback & Suggestions

Post by Tethys »

With the map speed issue resolved (for some time now) I think I might begin testing outrageously sized galaxies 100+ x _ _, BUT with the number of stars reduced, to give an extremely epic feel for low tech games, while still being able to utilize the very high speeds of later tech vessels such as the Vesta and Excalibur (8 and 10 ship movement respectively).

If this makes too much lag, bugs, crashes, or phantoms, I will probably revert it.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

That is a very interesting idea; large map, fast high tech ships, less star system; i totally dig that.
As for lag, i think it is much more related to ship number than map size; especially if the AI does not group them and has to decide where to move every one of them.
I am playing UDM starting at the beginning tech, the others at the next tech level (3) and by the time i meet them in 60-80 turns they have 100 ships. I have 2; by the time i get 20, they have 300; so by turn 150, turn lag is significant.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

It seems that the largest stable that I can generate is somewhere in the 90x_ _ area, and I have not tested it due to lack of time.
Zwerchfell
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Zwerchfell »

Würde den Mod gern mal spielen,könnte ich die Version bekommen??

Live long and prosper

Zwerchfell
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Return to “Galaxies MOD”