Galaxies Mod v0.2.4 - Feedback & Suggestions

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Should the Borg utilize Colony Ships as a means by which to expand?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 54

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

@ mickar thats why were beta testing :)

thank you very much I will add these things to my to do log :P

also mickar thats why there are 3 map settings... the small map is a bit larger then the large vanilla map, I may look into making a standard and large exe (such as UDM and UDML has)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

i would definitely suggest making it like udm/udmL. udmL is better suited to single play, 200+ turn mp games are very rare.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

ok i will have to make backups of my current exe files, and now i can make hugely massive maps like i wanted to before (75x55) :twisted:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

This will be included in the next update of the Beta

Asteroid outpost in Unimatrix 01 (also every other race) at Tech 1 (should show up at Tech 2, and asteroids only) *Done*

Increase beam graphics slightly *Done* (Hideki still has slightly larger beams for some reason?)

Ship descriptions: Galor, JH Fighter, Karemma, JH Bs, JH Bc, Rom scouts, Rom destroyers *In Progress*

Typo on JH Strike II 'Dominoin' *Done*

Minor races need descriptions and lexicon changed *In Progress*

Borg Research (20% empire wide) should be changed to 4% or 5% *Done*

Research costs need to be increased slightly (300-500 points) (maybe more) *Done* (will see how it works out)

Borg Dreadnought II needs tech changed to Tech 10 buildable instead of Tech 8 *Done*

Minors need setting so they are harder to member, but easy to pop *Researching*

Fed Excelsior class needs higher hull, Constellation needs slightly higher shield *Done*

Keep em coming ppl!
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

I'm not done playing around yet tonight, but I wanted to post this asap. I was going to play a T3 game as Dom, but the research and structures are all messed up.

Correct me if I am wrong but:

T1 = tech level 1
T2 = tech level 3... T3 = 5, T4 = 7, T5 = 9?

The Dom starting buildings (food, etc.) for T2 are tech level 2, but research is 3. T3, building are tech 3, research is 5. T4, buildings are tech 5, research is at 7.

So the upgrades are not done for T2-T4

T1 and T5 are fine. All structures there are at lvl 1 and lvl 9, respectively.

[Edit] All other race structures begin at the proper tech level for each starting level.

Also, the Borg at T3 start have -190 food units and are at max pop.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I could have swore I did them all... anyway added to bugs list, ill fix tomorrow or later 2nite

thanks Zero :)
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Ok, continued my t2 kling game and by turn 79 I had membered trade and xindi, both had popped and both were 870 pop. 59 industry structure. I think systems are abit too large, imho. Whatever happened to the days when ppl were satisfied with a 300?

Edit: Ok just noticed omarion 2 starting a game as dom. The moon orbits the system. Coolest thing I've seen. :D :D :D
Borg
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Borg »

I didnt know that the Borg morale dose not go down or up so sorry about that. I think also the Borg Research is 2 fasted but the hole Research is too fast so I recammend you edit the Research points a bit like I did in my mod, I also think that the other races should have there old shields strength, but not the borg they ok also I think you should think about add a scout cube on has an light cruiser then you get your frist nomual cruiser.
The Galor class is not a fast attack ship is should class has a HC or BB.

I have all most done testing the Borg move on to other races now.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

The Galor class is also classified as a Destroyer, so I may look into making a stronger version of the Galor for an upgrade to the Destroyer > Cruiser
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Ok, was curious why the asteroid outpost only had +3 scan instead of advertised +6 scan. I looked at buildings on dom homeworld and saw a relay station with +3 scan. So I scrapped that and next turn, voila, +6 scan from asteroid outpost.

So, scan things should be in the form of upgrades and not seperate structures. I'm looking at build list for dom at t4 and I see detection network +5 scan and detection array +6 scan although I already have asteroid outpost +6 scan. Too many redundant scan things cluttering up the build list. Scan things should be made to upgrade as in vanilla.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

One problem with that which I encountered is that the scan things are messed up no matter if i set them to Upgrade each other or as separate 'redundant' buildings. I will try to eliminate any 'lower' scan structures in the event that the higher one is researched, and take out the +3 scan from Home systems which have Asteroids (most if not all of them).

So this means there will be only Asteroid OP in Home system, with Detection Grid in build list, while on other unasteroided worlds, you must either buy the Detection Grid or Network, whichever is researched. Best I can do :P

EDIT: And Dom shouldnt have Relay station :/
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

I think Zerochance mentioned this so apologize if repeating but I also don't like having to make certain structure on a t5 game on my homeworld. Starting a dom t5 game and I have to make space port, industrial replicators, orbital shipyards, energy network. imho, these things should alrdy be there on the homeworld. I can see having to make them on sisters but not on homeworld.

Also, there are 4 or 5 (can't quite see) extra/unused pop on dom homeworld. There should be structure for them or I'm wasting 4 turn just making more structure and on a t5 (advanced) I shouldn't have to.

EDIT: Why is the dom Hutet class more expensive than the Jam'Hadar? In every category, it's the inferior ship.

EDIT: I signed a non treaty with the borg and rom signed a friendship with them. Probably should change so everyone hates them and/or the borg declares war on everyone they encounter
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

never seen this one before :lol:

im playing a t5 game as feds @ turn 24 i got the the msg that the feds had declared war on the roms!!

i swear it was nothing i did. the previous turn i was in the diplomatic screen but i didn't even click on the roms.

any ideas?

edit

opps just reloaded last save ,..........i cocked up :oops: :oops:

how do i delete a post anyway??
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

I might just be super overtired right now... but here are a few other observations:

Playing as Klings, T5 game, the Feds have declared war on me and seem to be pretty aggressive... they only ever take one transport to invade, and of course the invasion fails. So far it's wayyyyy too easy to invade enemy systems, the orbs don't even damage my ships... when the feds try to conquer my systems the orbs are just as ineffective but they don't bring enough transports to the system...

Honestly, I'm more afraid of Species 8472 right now...

Also, the outposts/starbases don't seem to be able to hold their own in battle. They get destroyed very fast, but maybe the feds hadn't upgraded their outposts and I just didn't notice...
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

So I've been playing a T2 game as Roms.... research is definitely going way too fast, especially for the Feds. They were at tech level 6-8 before turn 100... I managed to conquer them fairly easily still. Again, orbs aren't really causing much damage. Out of 15+ Fed systems with numerous orbs I lost a total of 3 ships.

The other empires seem to be having a bit of trouble actually expanding, but no trouble building up large fleets. When I had 15ish systems, and the Feds the same the others were around 7-9 systems.

The borg, however, are insidious as an enemy once they have range into your territory. One turn my systems are clear and the next I'll have a fleet of 40+ borg ships and transports ready to invade one of my systems. If they succeed you've got a ground combat nightmare ahead of you... make sure you've got a decent number of transports or those heavy transports handy. I definitely like that. I had my first major battle as well, against the borg. Me: 90 command, 27 fast attack, and 27 strike vs borg: 14ish command (heavy sphere), 20ish fast attack (sphere), and 4 strike. It lasted at least 10 turns, and I lost most of my fast attack and strike, but eventually my sheer numbers gave me the upper hand.

I think mickar already mentioned that it's wayyy too easy to bribe minors. I tend to agree.

IIRC, some of the minors in Dafedz UM are super aggressive... I kind of want to see the Species 8472 be like that. For example, I remember playing a T1 UM game and the Tholians had destroyed the Cards by turn 100 or so... so far Species 8472 is just kinda flying around, I want to see them attack systems and stir some stuff up with all of that firepower.

Return to “Galaxies MOD”