(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Borg
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Borg »

I love your graphics for your planets way they look man looks great.
Is the drone ship the borg troop transport? If yes I recamend you rename it to drone carrier sound better, I think but if you feel you like with that name thats ok has well just an idea for you. Also I have to agree with you the A1 Assimilator and the Detector are better looking than the A2 ones.
Any way I wish you the best with the mod and good luck to you man.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

MrD wrote:I have no clue regarding modding of the BOTF interface and therefore I don't know is this would be possible, but what about some kind of grey for Borg occupied space?
Though technically not a real colour it would be so different from the others it should be easy enough to distinguish from the others.
And their ships and the average drone are also somewhat grey, so it would not be too far off right? :wink:
I was thinking about making it white, but it didn't look right. I will try to make a grey one and see how it looks, if no better then fluorescent red then I will keep the more saturated red color as opposed to the dark red for the Klingons...
Borg wrote:Is the drone ship the borg troop transport? If yes I recamend you rename it to drone carrier sound better, I think but if you feel you like with that name thats ok has well just an idea for you.
The Drone Ship is actually the Colony ship, and the Drone Carrier (yes i have one) is the heavy Colony Ship. Now I've decided to use that for the Colony Ship rather than the TT because 1. The TT's name is the Assimilator (since thats what it does) and 2. The Colony Ship's function is to carry drones to resource rich planets suitable for assimilation.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Just put the grey in there and wow... i honestly think it looks better then the red i was going to go with....

thoughts?

GREY
dceczb.png
dceczb.png (343.91 KiB) Viewed 5436 times
RED
Last edited by Tethys on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Grey doesn't hardly show up, it blends into the black.
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

I know this is probs just to keep with the other races, but wouldnt it be possible for a single borg ship of any heavy class ( cube etc ) to have the troop transports ability to take over systems, to keep in canon with the ST universe?
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

I'd say that grey is fine, maybe its because of my screen setting but that red hurts more than it helps and that grey is instantly destinguishable from unoccuped space.

severenth, like Tethys said there is no really canon game possible and consider what you are proposing:
when you use your gazillion credids expensive cube to capture a system, it is gone, like any other regular troop transport.
I'd say that's even less canon than some nice TTs.
At least in their case we can pretend they carry some kind of assimilation chamber that is used on the colonists.

Oh one thing will probably be unchageable right:
when you take over a Klingon colony for example with the Borg the population will still be listed as Klingons although technically they have been assimilated. :?:
Brodibble
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Brodibble »

the grey looks better than the red. :D
Borg
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Borg »

I also say grey its looks good to me, For red I have to say you cant see what you are doing in your area of spaice, so no for red and yes of grey.
Also sorry for the mix up I didn't know that the drone ship was the colony ship ops.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

eber3 wrote:Grey doesn't hardly show up, it blends into the black.
I tried to make it as light as I could without irritating the eyes, so my apologies if it is too dark. Perhaps are you using a CRT (big) monitor? Most flat screen monitors can view more colors/shades than the old CRT's so that might be why it blends... I dont know...

Thanks for feedback guys!
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

eber3 wrote:Grey doesn't hardly show up, it blends into the black.
Sometimes a screencap from a game with such a, by modern standards, low resolution like BOTF might look somewhat fuzzy when viewed at higher resolutions.
In that case I tend to save the image locally and view it at full screen to see what it would actually look like in the game itself.
Maybe that would help a little in this case.
Even though the human brain tends to see constrasts somewhat stronger than they actually are, monocromatic colours might ruin that effect in this case.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Yeah, if your using a flat screen plasma, u can also just tile it down to see it lol :P
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

Have you considered what name you are going to give the Borg strike cruiser?
I mean obviously "rouge ship" would have sounded strange and assuming you put in the Armada 1 Assimilator there would be a naming conflict with the troop transport.
Maybe something like "Devastator" or "Terminator" would sound...ermm...cute? :)
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I may call it simply Type 03... havent really thought too much about changing it TBH... canon suggests that this is the 3rd Borg ship encountered by Starfleet, and its unconventional design cannot be attributed to a specific shape (i counted over 30 flat surfaces)

Rogue_Borg_ship_designation.jpg
Rogue_Borg_ship_designation.jpg (442.05 KiB) Viewed 5435 times

Though while that would be the CLASS name, i suppose the designation could be something like Support Assimilator or something of the kind..
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

Most likely Type 3 is some kind of "we have no clue" designation by the Feds.
Even though theoretically Picard should have had some information on the different types of Borg starships it might have been an oversight of the authors.
I seriously doubt all other kinds of ships, the sphere, the diamond and the potatoe...sorry probe were developed after "Best of both Worlds".
As I recall in the season 3 episode "The Defector" Picard called the Warbirds "B-Type", while they were later called D'deridex.
This might in fact have been one of the pieces of information given to them by Admiral Jarok in that particular episode.
"B-Type" might have been another case of "we have no clue".
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

You argue a good and valid point MrD. I have to say I do agree with you.

What do you think about the designation of Support Cruiser?

And, what kind of shape does the Rogue seem to be? Should I name it the Neutronic class? Multikinetic class?

Since the Borg typically use geometric shapes and names that match, may I be correct to assume that this ship is irregular and oblong? Oblong class?

So, Borg Oblong Support Cruiser? sounds doable to me?

A second suggestion could be Borg Hedron Class Support Cruiser? Hedron meaning Polyhedron (wiki it :P )

Return to “Galaxies MOD”