(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: ST:BotF Galaxies MOD (Release v0.2.9a) UPDATE

Post by Tethys »

Latest multi install available, 0.2.9a I hope everything is fixed ;)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Kojote
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kojote »

Thats what this betas are for, isn't it? ;)
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Tethys wrote:Latest multi install available, 0.2.9a I hope everything is fixed ;)
What is new with that version?

Since I've stopped smoking, I have a hard time playing computer games....I lose patience pretty fast lolol
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Tethys wrote:Latest version includes Open Borders Mod (thanks SCT and Tc), a few new ship models for the Cardassians (work in progress), Energy Screen Mod (thanks QD and Tc), lower AI to player demands (so that they do not drain your currency if you need to be on their 'good side'. Thanks Gowron [I think :P]), and I think a few other things that I cant remember ;)

The link is on the first post of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&p=15819&sid=3477a1ce0 ... afa#p15819

The new version is NOT COMPATIBLE with ANY SAVE games. Uninstall of old previous versions will be needed!
botf99
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by botf99 »

what is the open borders mod?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I guess you will have to play and see ;)
botf99
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by botf99 »

Tethys will you increase the star density in the next release?

i think there is too many space between the star systems.

one question: isnt the borg intel too strong?
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Personally I think there are too many star systems. Or at the least M class planets need to be scaled back. With the AI map scan somewhat working we don't need so many systems in the galaxy otherwise you got 60 systems half way through the game and getting bored with it. As for the Borg they are too strong all around but I agree their main disadvantage should be next to nothing on intel strength both internal security and offensive Intel. Of course this is just my opinon. Overall playing this mod a bit and i do really like the ship list and building list. :)
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I haven't dont much by the way of balancing the Borg intel and research. I may go to fixed buildings with fixed values that can only be manipulated through conquest (subjugation structures with a research bonus of 3% or higher, depending on fixed value).

I thought I had increased the star density already? Ive noticed that after a while it will 'reset' itself, must be UE overwriting my hex changes, we will have to ask DCER...
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: ST:BotF Galaxies MOD (Release v0.2.9a)

Post by ZeroChance »

-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Sat Nov 26 04:37:32 2011

Version Under Test: 72
File: object.cpp, Line: 495, slotNumber < objData->TotalObjectSlot
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1322148678
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 0
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 126

had that wonderful crashlog in a battle... Borg ships: a few sphere cruisers and sphere destroyers Fed: explorers, fast cruisers, light cruisers, destroyer scouts, pretty much everything you can build when at t2-3
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Seems one of the ships has invalid phasers. Do you have a save game you can upload to my 4shared? I will be working on releasing an update if possible today or tomorrow, if time permits.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

GALM 0.2.9b update can be found at the following link 30 minutes from this post: http://www.4shared.com/file/zWLCk1oe/Ga ... _029b.html

Update adds MP Chat fix (thanks QD), adjusted lower techs of Roms Klings Borg, does NOT address TotalObjectSlot error, that will have to wait until 0.3.0 or later.
NfG84
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: ST:BotF Galaxies MOD (Release v0.2.9b) !UPDATED!

Post by NfG84 »

Hi Tethys,

first of all, thank you for this mod. It's great, not the least because of all the "debugging" going on here. Thank's as well to everybody involved. I play BotF since it came out and it's good to know, that there are many more BotF-junkies around ;-).

I played some hours Romulans with 0.2.9a (hadn't bandwidth to download b yet) and have some comments (sorry if things are known already):

- the detection network never showed up in building screen, after i reasearched it
- i just got the message 'command center' available, but it is not in the research database, nor can i find it in the buildable list
- tech 1 ships are still builable at tech 6, although replacements are there.
- and probably connected: roms get those low-level ships as starting ships, when starting era is 5.
- according to the reasearch database, some new ships have worse stats than earlier ones, e.g. the stormbird seems quite useless.
- destroyer II has same shields and weapons as destroyer I, but is more expensive.

the last two might be fixed in 0.2.9b, couldn't check this yet.

It's a pity, that roms don't have a facility for ship experience outside romulus. for a race that much into strategy etc., that's a little surprising.

In 0.2.8 the federation prometheus(speed 3 or 4) was replaced by the vesta class (speed 5), while lakota(speed 2) was buildable until the end. as the latest cruiser is very expensive (ok, because of its speed) and the excelsior is very useless, i would have liked to built some more prometheus class ships later, and kick out the lakota from the build list. I never saw a reasion the build the lakota at starting era 5.

Also, i would always suggest a low offensive/defence ratio, like is BOP, for better and longer fights. I find it not really fitting, if a defiant has 13 phaser arrays, just as an example. The number of weapons should change little over time, but their strength should increase. That's usually ok in GM. Phaser strength is surely related to generator power and therefore indirectley to the ship size, but a quantum torpedo is a quantum torpedo, independend of who fires it.
But as turn-based fights don't allow for a fire-rate adjustment (like the defiant impulse cannons), things can't be too canon here, i assume. I think the galaxy class has not that many phaser arrays for firepower, but to cover all the angles. Firepower comes from energy of the beam and the firerate. I don't even know, if they have enough power to fire all phasers at once (so at different targets).

Besides all these details, it's a great mod, espacially since you got rid of building upgrades at each tech (one reason i liked BOP) and you use all the cool new features which became available lately. A new release is always like christmas ;-).

Keep going :-)

Best Robert
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Thank you for the feedback, Roms have training structure at Tech 1, and Klingons have to work a little (make it to Weapons 2) to get theirs.
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

I noticed something last night playing a sp game, Tethys. I couldn't select individual ship orders for combat. If I clicked on "Select Ship" the dropdown menu would give me only retreat and hail options. Selecting the whole group all tactical options are present.

Return to “Galaxies MOD”