(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: (Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.3.6x

Post by Tethys »

I just processed turn, according to my test at turn 113 you have +19000 D² units in Sol.. and yes, I have encountered the crash at turn 113. No crash log I can see.

Have you had this issue in previous versions also?
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Happy New Year to you all!

Well, I had returned positive income overal, and in Sol as well.. but that is because I had a huge battle against the Romulans on turn 110.

I had won the battle, but had lost cca 12 stealth comand ships, and two of those dreadnoughts which have 9000 Ds upkeep each.

This was my second CTD during this whole Federation game, first one was a battle CTD, and this second at turn 113 is a game breaker, since I can`t past it.. and no, haven`t had issues in previous versions, since I haven`t played previous versions ( unfortunately, cause I just found this masterpiece :grin: ).

I had installed it with that All in One Installer, as per your latest instructions (install both BOTF and Galaxies 1024 versions, and then this latest version on top of that).
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I am going to do a quick test of the turn ~90 save you sent and see if I can reproduce the 113 crash. I will let you know what I find, if anything...

Edit: I turn processed up to turn 115 without moving any ships. Auto every battle. I'm not sure what is going on in your game, but its possible you hit some sort of limit in your game. Maybe the save files can be compared to find the issue, I'm not sure, but I will look into it. Sorry you are having problems. :(
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Can you upload that savegame file-turn 115, so I can test it out?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Of course you can have the save. This was from turn 99 just clicking turn and auto every battle, win or lose, no treaty negotiations... it must be some limit we are not yet aware of, or perhaps I forgot to include some fixes. I'll have to fire up QD patcher and see what overflow fixes are installed.

The lack of a crash log leads me to assume it is not morale related (morale has illegal morale value crashlog), but I'm wondering if it could be some industry overflow or maybe a resource overflow (energy, dilithium/alloy, income perhaps)?

Last edited by Tethys on Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I have checked QD patcher and there are several patches in the red, which does not necessarily mean they are errors, but they do have differing values in the current trek.exe than what the original patch file dictates within the QD "patches" folder (83 patch files). There could be more patches available nowadays. But sometimes the patches themselves are the reason for the "red alert" on the patcher.

Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Does that mean that my save game got corrupt? Or, that my botf files got corrupt? I had installed everything by using that All in One Installer, and on top of that your latest version as per your included instructions in the Readme file.

Could it be that my save game file got corrupt.. when I, instead using Dxwnd tools to run the mod.. I used desktop shortcut for the Galaxies mod? I remember editing the target location for the shortcut, adding/changing 13 at the end.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Have you tried the save I uploaded? Have you encountered a crash while using it? I am curious about what is happening, so if the crash happens again you can upload the save again, and the next most recent save also.
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Yes, I have tried the save you had uploaded, and I had continued playing it. One thing I might experiment with.. is turning off autosave feature, since it might be causing issues and crashes (at least it did in games like Total War, and we used to advise users/players to turn off autosave).

I will report back if something happens.
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

I`m back! :grin:

I had a great run with that save file which you had uploaded.. and now, at turn 198.. it just CTD during next turn. Til then, had just one CTD, after a battle with Borg against my Federation probe. If I recall, the previous CTD had this same probe involved.

Here is a save game file:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I assume by probe, you mean the (unmanned) sensor platform? I can't recall that model being a problem, but it could be. I will take a look and see what I can dig up.

Can you please upload the most recent save before this one as well? 1 or 2 turns ago?
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Yes, I meant those unmanned sensor pods. Here are two saves, one is 196, one is 197 turn.

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Thanks for the quick reply. I did some examination and I found that your sensor buoy below the Tama system is changing into the Excalibur class USS Justice, which is in a fleet with some TT's roughly 18 sectors away near a wormhole. I was investigating the Chodak as I got the crash after they came to Tama (no crash logs). I have disabled all train crew and ship movement on the map for testing purposes.

Having found all this it is my assumption that your save is being corrupted. I am beginning to think it could be related to 18 taskforce, since I believe that does alter the structure of the ship IDs in the save file if I am not mistaken.

I will play around with the save some more, and if I have any positive progress I will let you know.

In the meantime, you could put that game on pause and run a 300 turn test without human interation (click turn or hold T, randoms OFF). This might take an hour or 2 to complete. I plan to do it if I cannot get any progress with your save, to ensure that I did not inadvertently disrupt the turn mechanism ??
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I have narrowed down the cause of your crash.

It is being caused by the Borg random event (Doomsday Machine).

It could be one of two things at this point: Borg random is still trying to spawn additional cubes; or the supernova effect is having issues (system death by Borg bombing)

You can elect to use Turn 197 save and reroute your Excalibur class in Tama sector along with Cobra class, Luna class, and all Tamarian ships to 11.7 Gamma Hromi to deal with the Doomsday yourself (2 combat turns to kill), thus averting the crash, and the need to download a save file. Or, if you want to wait, I will upload it. However, as you can imagine, I'd rather be fixing this issue than uploading save files.

Thank you sincerely for helping me find this bug, I'm sure it has been the cause of many broken games. I will get to work on it right away, and try to have an update out ASAP.
Dreamer1984
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dreamer1984 »

Thanks for finding the fix, I had done as you asked.. destroyed the Doomsday machine at Gamma Hromi.. and now am at turn 202.

I will continue playing, and report back if anything happens. Cheers!

Return to “Galaxies MOD”