Mirror Universe mod beta 2 out of testing 7-10-2020

Mirror Universe mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Mirror Universe mod beta 2 out of testing 7-10-2020

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

This file is now part of the full release of the All in One installer

the Allin One installer can be found here
if possible please use google drive to save site bandwidth.
download section.
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get- ... le_id=1958
my google drive

see this topic for file info and changes
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=3953#p52715

If you decide to test please report back what version/mod and resolution you have tested.

changes in beta 2
1. increased ship maintenance by global multiplier.
2. lowered the effect of morale by global multiplier.
3. lowered credits output of system by global multiplier.
4. checked and fixed incorrect minor bonuses list in diplomacy screen.
5. edited minor special structure to one per system so only one can be built.
6. increased small planet growth rate by global multiplier.
7. fixed odd ctd when scraping a fleet of ships.
8. lowered "base" research bonus for Terrans.
9. added patch for minor initial buildings/tech. viewtopic.php?f=187&t=13#p33885
10. updated readme document.
11. fixed pluto in Terran system as well as other wrong terraforming images displaying
12. main map will now display dilth used/remaining or red if negative properly, instead of total available
13 fixed CTD after veiwing Selay solar screen after building Selay Trade Coalition

enjoy
thunderchero
thunderchero

Re: Mirror Universe mod beta 2 now available 6-22-2020

Post by thunderchero »

new beta version available see post above.
SeaBee-T
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SeaBee-T »

Thanks for the update, Thunder. Unfortunately I am not able to save my games. I am not sure if it is because MUM is installed with an existing installation of AiO 1.0.1

I have MUM installed in the following directory: "D:\Games\BOTF\Beta"

I have the AiO 1.0.1 installed in a the following folder: "D:\Games\BOTF"

Will this impact saving in any way?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

SeaBee-T wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 am Thanks for the update, Thunder. Unfortunately I am not able to save my games. I am not sure if it is because MUM is installed with an existing installation of AiO 1.0.1

I have MUM installed in the following directory: "D:\Games\BOTF\Beta"

I have the AiO 1.0.1 installed in a the following folder: "D:\Games\BOTF"

Will this impact saving in any way?
normally you only need to make sure you run the trek.exe as administrator so it can write files.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Ok so new game, me (Cards) and Zero (Roms) went with a sparse setting. 15% density, 15 minors large galaxy tech 1 (yes I love epic games, plus I feel good test level to start from beginning and see how everything adds up from beginning) randoms off autosave on and stuck with 1080 patch. Turn 190 and 0 crashes and 0 lag. Had an internet hiccup which closed my game and loaded from autosave with zero issues (1 minute save game transfer). Ferengi are top power with over 120 ships. Solid mix of lt raider IIIs, many war cruiser IIs and a scattering of marauders. They are wrecking Roms with sabotage and espionage lol. I just met them and they are keeping my spies at bay while still wrecking Roms. They could declare war on both zero and I and we'd lose the game easily. If only they declared war lol.
By how much? Thus far in my game as the Cards I haven't seen a noticeable difference.
2. lowered the effect of morale by global multiplier.
This is quite noticeable. You really have to work at getting the morale to content (impossible). Haven't tried other difficulties yet. This seems a good spot for MU.
Possibly a little too low. Maybe a compromise between old beta and current beta global modifier?
Current game, second minor structure is still available in list after first is built and powered.
9. added patch for minor initial buildings/tech.
This may have had a side effect of minors not building any main buildings. Prior beta they built industry. This patch they have starting buildings but only built food to sustain pop growth. Unless WAI? It's a challenge but honestly a bit annoying for every minor to build industry up from 3 buildings.
12. main map will now display dilth used/remaining or red if negative properly, instead of total available
THANK YOU!!

Also I noticed M class planets do seem lower. If undocumented change thank you lol. Two games on new beta and it's definitely harder albeit more strategic finding that mint 300+ system for ship making.

Overall still really digging the mod and its replay-ability. The AI makes you sweat with its capacity to build ships but it doesn't seem to press that advantage. Empires should be as aggressive as code allows. AI Terrans have vastly superior numbers compared to Zero (Roms) and beating him in intelligence but they are cordial simply because he signed a friendship treaty with them. My last game the Terrans after mid game had vastly superior research (you fixed this) but intelligence seemed a bit too weak(like Feds). Maybe we can make all/most minors be at least uncooperative to them? Would make membership a bit harder. AI mainly subjugates anyway. Also diplomacy in general is a bit too easy. Even as Cardies those minors neutral to me I send a friendship with a gift and 9/10 times they accept. Wait 20 turns, affialiation no gift, wait another 20 and members. MU diplomacy shouldn't be that easy. Would also be nice to see Klinks and Cards have a starting positive attitude with each other. Roms maybe could have most minors receptive (mirror to Feds). Last note, I still think mining prison should have negative morale modifier. In what universe would anyone be happy mining dil? How many smiles did you see on the prisoners faces in Rure Penthe lol?
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
SeaBee-T
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SeaBee-T »

thunderchero wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:03 pm normally you only need to make sure you run the trek.exe as administrator so it can write files.
Yes, that did the trick. :oops:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

xDx wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 pm
By how much? Thus far in my game as the Cards I haven't seen a noticeable difference.
this was more a correction, values were set back to closer to vanilla. by mistake I was decreasing maintenance in earlier versions.
Possibly a little too low. Maybe a compromise between old beta and current beta global modifier?
here is the changes from vanilla, this change was mainly for feds.
cards 0.15 -> 0.11
feds 0.225 -> 0.1
ferengi 0.25 -> 0.15
klingon 0.175 -> 0.13
roms 0.2 -> 0.11
Current game, second minor structure is still available in list after first is built and powered.
just to be clear, you are able to build same structure more than once?
or
you can build both different types?

you should be able to build both structure but only once, subjugation bug allowed as many structures as you wanted to build.
9. added patch for minor initial buildings/tech.
This may have had a side effect of minors not building any main buildings. Prior beta they built industry. This patch they have starting buildings but only built food to sustain pop growth. Unless WAI? It's a challenge but honestly a bit annoying for every minor to build industry up from 3 buildings.

yeah was not sure about this patch, and sct even warned me about it but thought I would give it a try.
if it can not be fixed it will be removed. but need to do more testing.
xDx wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 pm Overall still really digging the mod and its replay-ability. The AI makes you sweat with its capacity to build ships but it doesn't seem to press that advantage. Empires should be as aggressive as code allows. AI Terrans have vastly superior numbers compared to Zero (Roms) and beating him in intelligence but they are cordial simply because he signed a friendship treaty with them. My last game the Terrans after mid game had vastly superior research (you fixed this) but intelligence seemed a bit too weak(like Feds). Maybe we can make all/most minors be at least uncooperative to them? Would make membership a bit harder. AI mainly subjugates anyway. Also diplomacy in general is a bit too easy. Even as Cardies those minors neutral to me I send a friendship with a gift and 9/10 times they accept. Wait 20 turns, affialiation no gift, wait another 20 and members. MU diplomacy shouldn't be that easy. Would also be nice to see Klinks and Cards have a starting positive attitude with each other. Roms maybe could have most minors receptive (mirror to Feds). Last note, I still think mining prison should have negative morale modifier. In what universe would anyone be happy mining dil? How many smiles did you see on the prisoners faces in Rure Penthe lol?
Vendettas is still on my list.but cards and klingons had alliance in mirror universe.

later in the game you will notice after you start taking out any empire other races will ally against you. at least that is what I have seen.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

you should be able to build both structure but only once, subjugation bug allowed as many structures as you wanted to build.
Ah ok then it is WAI. I misunderstood your patch notes. Yes minor special structures can only be built once.
Vendettas is still on my list.but cards and klingons had alliance in mirror universe.
Exactly. IIRC you can adjust attitudes between majors like minors to each major? Even if they ally second turn after they meet is fine. More challenging AI and in MP matches humans can agree to not form coalition. It's a pseudo fix to make the mod more MU. Try it out maybe. Can always change it back when you get vendettas working.
later in the game you will notice after you start taking out any empire other races will ally against you. at least that is what I have seen.
Definitely looking forward to that! Going to continue the MP match tonight. Probably start a SP in the meantime :wink:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

here is some up coming changes I have been working on

1. remove patch for minor initial buildings/tech (patch just did not work out)
2. increased starting population for minors
3. increased starting industry structures for minors
4. increased starting energy structure for minors
5. decreased effect of gifts to minors
6. add chat patch to allow enter key to send in-game chat message
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Quick note for you to take a look at TC. Ktarian scouts state they have long range when in fact they have medium range.

Edit: You want bug reports here or in other MUM topic?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

xDx wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:30 am Quick note for you to take a look at TC. Ktarian scouts state they have long range when in fact they have medium range.

Edit: You want bug reports here or in other MUM topic?
Ktarian's have 3 types of ships scout, destroyer and cruiser. If the scout is in same fleet as destroyer it will be limited to med range, but if you remove it from the fleet it will have long range as intended.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

It was redeployed to be by itself. Was still showing as medium range. I didn't actually build any these were ships already had by them when membered.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

just tested the same after membership and displayed long and could move long.

upload your saved game and will take a look.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

sent in Discord
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

as for xDx issue with Ktarian scout, it was a phantom ship path/fleet issue. Not sure why we have been seeing this issue more lately (old vanilla bug), but reloading saved game will normally remove/reset this issue.

btw I have tested this issue and happens on vanilla without any code changes. just strange seeing popup more now.

also xDx has provided an edited minor race attitudes list that will be added to next update
also research for Ferengi Theoretical Simulators lowered to 80
and Terran Subatomic Simulators lowered to 125

Return to “Mirror Universe mod”