Uncivil wars 2.0 development

Uncivil wars; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

adi
Commander
Commander

Re: Uncivil wars 2.0 development

Post by adi »

Ok, i played some more, almost 300 turns, conquered the cardies, rom is next; no crashes what so ever - i am playing large version, largest galaxy size in 800*640 on win 8 with the added .dlls fix:
- Cardassians ships have Fed names like "CDS Enterprise"; The name groups still have to be set. I did not checked for the other majors.
- When i met the Romulans, around turn 250 in a game from the beginning they only had 6 systems; I checked The did not encounter any other major power hindering them; at the time I was conquering the cardies and they had maybe 15, they would have had more if i was not on top of them; Also when i met Gawron a while later they had about 20. So i don't think it's the AI not developing. This was only a game, but i will keep an eye on Romulans on other games to see if this is an issue or just some bad luck for them.
- Gifts to minors are VERY effective; as feds met the Ferengi,they were hostile, declared war on me, gave them full gifts for 2 turns and then we were friends. Also with the other minors I met, it was very easy to get them on my side; maybe tune down a bit the gift effect;
- The special building described in the minors screen is sometimes not right; I guess you reused minors, and did not changed yet the description.
- Also some minors buildings are very effective (like +100% to wep or construction); others are (almost) useless (+100research from Ferengi costing 150 energy for the building, +100%local food but since there are hardly any farms needed any longer that mean 0); i know you are still working on minors, just mentioning these; The Xindi looks ready (apart from the ships); Xindi is a good example as they should be.
- Most of the useful buildings, like food replicators, energy bonus buildings are available early on and very cheap. That is great for the human player but the AI is dumb and will not take advantage of it. I would spread those buildings up to tech 18-20 and make them expensive.
- Also does the morale still applies as a modifier to main buildings output? because on the conquered systems i would say no; although they are defiant the output seems to be quite high. Morale was a big part of the economy but now only seems to prevent revolts and building destruction.
- No +morale for the native systems; only from the home system and if you can member certain minors. Can we please have at least one, maybe added to the trade center.
- The upgrade issue is there for all ships upgrades; fixable if you group the ships so it is a nuisance only for lonely ships.
- Love the "no confirmation for buying" feature;
- I have noticed that the task force icon in a sector is larger then in UDM; no problems with that, just that sometimes when trying to move ships i end up selecting the task forces in the destination; If possible i think the UDM smaller icons would be better.

But these are all just flavoring issues; the mod is already great and i enjoyed playing it as it is; I am sure will be much better when finised and dusted up. I can't wait to get home and try another major!
Big question: if i try installing MPR++ on top of this mod, will it work? There are a few features i am now missing (oh, how easy we get used to the good stuff and become spoiled). I miss the autosave, and a few other things from MPR++ :).
All in all, i am switching from UDM with MPR++ (and my awesome ship stats :P) to this one. At least for a while.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

adi wrote:There are a few features i am now missing (oh, how easy we get used to the good stuff and become spoiled). I miss the autosave, and a few other things from MPR++ :).
Haha, so true, sadly there are no ship replacements for UCW yet, and without mpr++ is no fun.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Flocke wrote:Haha, so true, sadly there are no ship replacements for UCW yet, and without mpr++ is no fun.
The ships in UCW2.0 are covered by MPR++; I will try installing it in the folder and change the FLAGS to MPR; will that work?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:The ships in UCW2.0 are covered by MPR++; I will try installing it in the folder and change the FLAGS to MPR; will that work?
once again it is not that easy, the phaser placeholders (hob files) are different, and scale is not the same in UCW.

EDIT; that will work but will display normal models not MPR++ models.

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Now for your test report, :grin:
adi wrote:no crashes what so ever
very good to hear.
adi wrote:Cardassians ships have Fed names like "CDS Enterprise"; The name groups still have to be set.
that is very strange I just looked and if it says "CDS" they are set correctly and saw no "Enterprise" listed.
adi wrote:When i met the Romulans, around turn 250 in a game from the beginning they only had 6 systems
This could be caused by a couple incomplete changes, 1. the AI build requirements have not been edited at all. 2. build cost too high/industry too low. 3. since this was also reported in UM5 (roms not advancing well) there might be a code conflict for romulans.
adi wrote:Gifts to minors are VERY effective
this can be adjusted as it was done in UDM.
adi wrote:The special building described in the minors screen is sometimes not right; I guess you reused minors, and did not changed yet the description.
The building info is from the building list directly, but as stated buildings are incomplete for minors.
adi wrote:Also does the morale still applies as a modifier to main buildings output? because on the conquered systems i would say no; although they are defiant the output seems to be quite high. Morale was a big part of the economy but now only seems to prevent revolts and building destruction.
yes but you would have to keep in mind it only effects the base value. so if base value is only 8 and it has a negative 10% for morale. with rounding it might have 0 effect? but just guessing on this right now and would have to test and see if a solution can be found.
adi wrote:No +morale for the native systems; only from the home system and if you can member certain minors. Can we please have at least one, maybe added to the trade center.
Each major still has 10+ building to be added so I am sure there will be some morale buildings. But I feel they should not be free. example from vanilla "Re-education Centers" 3000 cost and 100 energy
adi wrote:I have noticed that the task force icon in a sector is larger then in UDM
Opps, small hex edit I forgot in rush to create large version. corrected now.

I guess I should have done more work on buildings before this preview :oops:

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote:
adi wrote:Cardassians ships have Fed names like "CDS Enterprise"; The name groups still have to be set.
that is very strange I just looked and if it says "CDS" they are set correctly and saw no "Enterprise" listed.

thunderchero
I did not see the "Enterprise "; i just used that cause no other ship name came to my head when i posted; the "CDS" was there but the ship name after that looked fed-ish. They were English names, the cardassians ship names in UDM were usually gibberish.
I'll look again on another game (cardies are gone in my current one :mrgreen: ) just to be sure and if they still seem strange to me i'll PM you with the actual names.
thunderchero wrote: I guess I should have done more work on buildings before this preview :oops:
I am actually glad you released this as it is; I was not complaining about the buildings not being ready, just mentioning my view on them. From all i posted, only the morale effect is an issue; somehow the morale multiplier must be applied to the total output; did you changed the hex code for applying tech bonus or just changed the tech bonus values and the original code picks them up and works with them?
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

OH MY GOD, TC? What did the poor Romulans did to you so you would not let them build a shipyard?
Poor guys are stuck with the one in the home system and if they are lucky to member any nearby minors.

It does not show up in the build list.
The good news is the small task force icon works in this last version.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:Poor guys are stuck with the one in the home system and if they are lucky to member any nearby minors.
nope it is just a simple check box unchecked.

already uploaded new version (same link).

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Played a bit the Romulans:
- The "Support Batalion" building for the Romulans giving a +1 local morale (the one with the old Private Farms picture) is not build-able. It does not show in the build list once tech 5 is reached.
- The +2 Dilitium structure is available for building in all systems; even if the system does not have dilithium; was that intentional? I was used to it being one per empire and build-able only by a system that has dilithium.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:The "Support Batalion" building for the Romulans giving a +1 local morale (the one with the old Private Farms picture) is not build-able. It does not show in the build list once tech 5 is reached.
This building is only for membered minors systems.
adi wrote:- The +2 Dilitium structure is available for building in all systems; even if the system does not have dilithium; was that intentional? I was used to it being one per empire and build-able only by a system that has dilithium.
yes this is allowed to be built in a system even without dilthium, since it uses artificial quantum singularity why would it need dilthium at that system. But you are correct it should be one per empire not one per system. thanks for reporting error.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote:
yes this is allowed to be built in a system even without dilthium, since it uses artificial quantum singularity why would it need dilthium at that system. it should be one per empire not one per system

thunderchero
No need to update the installer just for this; it does not affect the gameplay; There is enough dilithium in the game anyway.
UncivilWars
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by UncivilWars »

Thunder, let me know if you need anything in the way of graphics. I still have all of the original PSD files. Glad to see you're still playing with the project!

Warmest regards,

Joel Bailey
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi RazorsEdge,

Good to hear from you, it is still a long way from completed. taking my time on project.

if you are interested I created a sneak peek installer.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2772

let me know if you are interested.

if you want to get back to your old user name "RazorsEdge" let me know. it is still active.
UncivilWars wrote:I still have all of the original PSD files.
I think you have already sent me all the files you have. it was a great help creating 1024 patch for UCW.

thunderchero
UncivilWars
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by UncivilWars »

Sounds great, Thunder! I'll check it out tonight. And yeah, I couldn't remember the e-mail addy i had registered RazorsEdge with, so I was out of luck. Otherwise, of course, I'd much rather use that nick. If you need fresh graphics, let me know. My evenings are free now that I'm single again.

Joel
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

sent you a PM.

thunderchero

Return to “Uncivil wars”