Uncivil wars 2.0 development

Uncivil wars; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Uncivil wars 2.0 development

Post by Flocke »

I'm sorry to say, but the textures on the vulcan ships would benefit by some different shading. The whole ship looks like one piece, and to my taste is a bit much red. :(
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote:but the textures on the vulcan ships would benefit by some different shading.
LOL I should have stated these are only model previews, the images shown are from creator and have full light applied to entire model. this just allows everyone to see some areas you might not see due to shading.

this is more what it would look like in game

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

I was thinking i personally would like the home system to be more valuable than the others; so that loosing it would be a big blow; i am currently playing UDM and the alliance counsel and one other building are the only buildings with empire wide effect that can be built only in the home system. I was thinking it would be nice to have all others global bonus buildings (+research, + intel, + security ) able to build branches with small empire-wide bonus in every system and in the home system only, have the option to upgrade it to headquarters building;
like DaySstorm Institute branch in every system with +1% research and the headquarter only in Sol with +35%.
Then it would hurt more to lose the home system.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:have the option to upgrade
upgrading any building other than scanners is not possible

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

didn't try it yet, but i saw in UE in one of the tabs for building stats there is a field to specify this building is an upgrade for another one;
Is that working only with scanners and the obsolete now main buildings?
If upgrading doesn't work, i would have the headquarters as an additional one buildable only in the home system.

Another question: i heard you saying you have more buildings; i saw the add button in the building stats pages; is adding building just as simple as adding ships? I mean can it be done only from UE?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:Is that working only with scanners and the obsolete now main buildings?
correct
adi wrote:Another question: i heard you saying you have more buildings; i saw the add button in the building stats pages; is adding building just as simple as adding ships? I mean can it be done only from UE?
yes and no, some buildings should not be moved, so adding/moving/removing buildings can be tricky. but yes UE will add buildings.

As for UCW I have removed over 50 building slots :grin: but I will be using all the old main buildings (no longer used) this will give me 10+ buildings per major extra (27 total per major with shipyard and martial law structure and main buildings) and 3 per minor (2 new per minor) + many shared structures (31 total) for all races. Some are only for subjugated or membered minors or native member systems. Even some of the majors structures will be restricted this way. Only problem doing this will be the AI disregards these restrictions. But this could make the AI a little stronger. :wink:

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote:[But this could make the AI a little stronger. :wink:
About making the AI strong. I tried at one point having all same type ships upgrade from each other all the way (like outpost do). And since apparently AI cheats i think until you meet them, when i encounter them they have many more ships then i do. All those ships keep upgrading and unless you have a good tech advantage there's no way to cache up :). I used to play on impossible from tech 1 and they from tech 5. Not any more :P.
I had to revert to limited ship upgrading.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

Progress has been slow, :cry: But I thought I would share the first draft of the ship list with stats

UCW2.0.html

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

:mrgreen:

Is the file exported from UE? Because it is a bit different then the format i am used to getting from UE?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:Is the file exported from UE? Because it is a bit different then the format i am used to getting from UE?
nope I use the original one created by Gowron "shipview_ext2"

it does not read the races so I had to edit html to Gowron and Duras. also it stops counting ship ID at 128 (rest has err2 or something)

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

ok, because it put my ship list reader tool into an endless loop due to the slightly different format; when it will come from UE it will be ok;
are we allowed to comment on the ship list or is it too soon?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:are we allowed to comment on the ship list or is it too soon?
Not sure why you would ask, but yes comments are welcome.

But as I stated this is first draft and already considering a couple changes (maintenance and starbase upgrade)

all stats are based on a single ship stats (except aliens) the dreadnought II

thunderchero
shadow18
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow18 »

This mod is going to be awsome Tech 23 wtf :D
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

I played a bit, first starting at top tech level and the at the beginning.
1. I freaked out seeing how slow the teraforming was at the beginning but then i noticed it snowballs with the tech levels; very nice; i like it. At high tech level teraforming takes one turn with colony ship II no mater the planet.
2. Starting at the beginning tech there is not much to do before you tick a few levels but those turns go by fast.
3. I would give more scan range to the fighters but that is just me.
4. The new structures give maybe a bit too much food so that with all build, on some systems you don't need any farms. Maybe tune them down a bit.
5. One thing i noticed, i had science vessels I and i researched to get science vessels II and they upgraded but only in name, hull and shields; the range and speed stayed at level 1. It gets fixed if i group the ships. This was the only upgrade i researched so far so i don't know if it is the same for all upgrades or not.
6. The strike cruiser is the first warship available at tech 3 but it takes about 40 turns to build; my guess is no one will since there are other things to build at that level. I would make it available later, or make it cheaper so it can be built in 15 turns max in the main system.
6. I did not get to fight or conquer yet; i'll play some more these days, but i can tell you, i like it; the way it starts very slow and then everything snowballs...
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:1. I freaked out seeing how slow the teraforming was at the beginning
as it should be :grin:
adi wrote:3. I would give more scan range to the fighters but that is just me.
as I stated in a previous PM stats still need a little tweaking. :wink:
adi wrote:4. The new structures give maybe a bit too much food
with lower system pop this was done intentionally so more pop can be diverted to industry or what ever is needed.
adi wrote:5. One thing i noticed, i had science vessels I and i researched to get science vessels II and they upgraded but only in name, hull and shields; the range and speed stayed at level 1.
strange will have to look into this, it might be part of upgrade changes.
adi wrote:6. The strike cruiser is the first warship available at tech 3 but it takes about 40 turns to build
If you are ready to start conquering you would just need to "buy" them :grin:
adi wrote:I did not get to fight or conquer yet; i'll play some more these days, but i can tell you, i like it; the way it starts very slow and then everything snowballs...
just think what it will be like once all the buildings are added :twisted:

I am glad you did not report any crashes so I am guessing it was stable?

thunderchero

Return to “Uncivil wars”