Subtle change for Flagship?

Flagship Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Subtle change for Flagship?

Post by Dewbacca »

I really like the Idea of this mod, always did and am disappointed to see it sitting with dust on it... so here is a conversation starter.

The Flagship concept fails because the AI builds them for fleet purposes.

So I suggest a slight variation to the Flagship itself to more of a "Super Ship" and drive it's costs up while removing it's "Flag" to win or lose the game.

This will be a bit off Trek (pardon the pun) but make them Large and SLOW, perhaps require towing. The equivalent of an outpost or starbase, even providing a "ship range" outside of your ship yards reach.

Fun thought, make ships buildable without dilithium and require one dilithium source per "Flagship". That of course would fail on many levels due to limitations of our ability to instruct trek.exe outside of current functions or cheats for AI, but the overall thought is to somehow limit Flagship production and base Fleets around "Command" vessels.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Subtle change for Flagship?

Post by thunderchero »

IIRC, the only race building flagships was the "Bynars" as a joke I gave them "the stolen enterprise". But this could be corrected easily by editing the stats or removing it completely.

thunderchero
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Subtle change for Flagship?

Post by Dewbacca »

"Well for the time Flag Ship mod has been recalled.

Til I can stop AI from building them"

This was from here... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=733&start=15

Somehow I read that and shot right over the "fixed" part and confused the later references to "stolen enterprises" to AI security successes. Re-reading the entire thread I understand the issue over Bynar's and the "Stolen Enterprise". Perhap just defang them a bit and call them "Stolen Galaxy Class" for an interim fix?

Headed to read it once more and see what else I can pick up. Must be the three year old asking questions constantly... but my reading comprehension has been better.

Return to “Flagship Mod”