Multi FlagShip mod Beta released 5-3-2009

Flagship Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
thunderchero wrote:(to be able to build type II, minor must be advanced to tech 8 before becoming member or subjugated!)
Since you said tech advancement of source empires affects subjugated systems, I suspected "silent advancement"(see Gowron) of minors causes the same effect. As seen by auto upgrading of buildings.:?:
have tested for 250 turns with no upgrade
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
thunderchero wrote:ship list is 255 ships 8O (max currently allowed)
According to Gowron 255 + monsters, iirc.
255 ships in game (with monsters) no problems, 256 crash on turn 1

crash log;

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\ai\aiempecn.c, Line: 1007, pass < AI_MAX_BUILD_LIST_ITERATIONS
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1240365379
Galaxy shape: 2 Galaxy Size: 1

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

Hey Chero, Champ,

I manage to play the flag-ship-mod for around 200 Turns (for 3 diffenert Majors) & truly enjoy the idea behind. The new Features (alot of Minorships) is awesome & put the game to higher level for me. Indeed the ability to build 'em after a membership.

I hope you will continuing. I'm a fan of the UDM & the Minors-Races show-up in the DS9 seasons. I look forward to see some of them (Son'a, Lisspedia, Flaxians, Breen, Orion & maybe a Dominion) in the Flag-Ship-Mod.

I know your mod is originated as a multiplayer tourment mod, but i see amount of potention as a singleplayer mod.

bye
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st wrote:I manage to play the flag-ship-mod for around 200 Turns (for 3 diffenert Majors) & truly enjoy the idea behind. The new Features (alot of Minorships) is awesome & put the game to higher level for me. Indeed the ability to build 'em after a membership.

Great to hear you are enjoying mod :lol:
Gh0st wrote:I hope you will continuing. I'm a fan of the UDM & the Minors-Races show-up in the DS9 seasons. I look forward to see some of them (Son'a, Lisspedia, Flaxians, Breen, Orion & maybe a Dominion) in the Flag-Ship-Mod.
I need to finalize this mod to start and finish other projects, so minors will remain vanilla.
Gh0st wrote:I know your mod is originated as a multiplayer tourment mod, but i see amount of potention as a singleplayer mod.
I agree, as flagship only it would have more interest as multi but with being able to build minors and the bonus to build subjagated major ships (cloaked ships) will put a good twist in multi player still :wink: .

here is an already posted ship but is for selay

and here is new Anticans

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

thunderchero wrote:I agree, as flagship only it would have more interest as multi but with being able to build minors and the bonus to build subjagated major ships (cloaked ships) will put a good twist in multi player still :wink: .
The previous Shipmodels looks a little bit better but I think its okay as a Spaceship for the Selays & Anticans. Both race are not that advanced & share a history of conflicts. In that case its understandable why both Ships looks a bit similar.

Other questions (I already ask befor):

- are you willing to make different models/classes for the Flagships?
  • example:
    Tech 1 - Constitution (Enterprise A, B)
    Tech 4 - Excelsior (Sulu's Ship)
    Tech 5 - Ambassador (Enterprise C)
    Tech 7 - Galaxy (Enterprise D)
- smooth progress for the warships of the minors?
  • for each techlevel a upgrate of the older model
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote:have tested for 250 turns with no upgrade
Thanks thunderchero, at least for races like the vulcans this should be more than enough.:wink:

Also did you test the influence of the special ships to subjugated major systems - i.e. can you generally build these ships, or only if source empire owns the corresponding special building, or need you special building self?
thunderchero wrote:AI_MAX_BUILD_LIST_ITERATIONS
This crash (sub_40CBAC) seems related to AI fleet buildup agendas and shouldn’t be affected by shiplist size, at least if shiprace, -tech & -list are allright.

Maybe its an issue with the ship ID 255(0xFF) caused by the signed status.
So AI could confuse it as â€"1(0xFFFF) and reads an endless loop.
Buggy little game… :(

But try increasing of the values at 0xC060 & 0xC07F /default 1000(dec) -> ~2000.
I don't expect it helps, that’s just to eliminate a possible source of error.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st wrote:- are you willing to make different models/classes for the Flagships?
  • example:
    Tech 1 - Constitution (Enterprise A, B)
    Tech 4 - Excelsior (Sulu's Ship)
    Tech 5 - Ambassador (Enterprise C)
    Tech 7 - Galaxy (Enterprise D)
- smooth progress for the warships of the minors?
  • for each techlevel a upgrate of the older model
I am at max ship list now, other ships would have to be dropped, so no these changes would not be made.

In unreleased version most minors have 1 upgrade at tech 8, But think I will change this to tech 5. but this will also depend on races as for when they will get upgrade if they get one at all. some races like vulcans may get 2 upgrades.

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

thunderchero wrote:I am at max ship list now, other ships would have to be dropped, so no these changes would not be made.
You mean 255 ships are the top limit (yet). In the past I was thinking that this limitation is only a goal for the insertion of new models. Damnit, I think whenever two ships share the same model it don't care.
thunderchero wrote:In unreleased version most minors have 1 upgrade at tech 8, But think I will change this to tech 5. but this will also depend on races as for when they will get upgrade if they get one at all. some races like vulcans may get 2 upgrades.
Sounds good. But if got a question. If a minor join my empire and dosn't developed there newer ships (tech 5 or 8) but I am on this tech-level ... will I'm able to build the newer ones?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st wrote:Sounds good. But if got a question. If a minor join my empire and dosn't developed there newer ships (tech 5 or 8) but I am on this tech-level ... will I'm able to build the newer ones?
no, this goes by tech of the race not your tech.

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

Another question. I know minor races declare war and bomb. Now minors got trooptransporter. Will minors be able to invade?`Would be a funny scenario.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st wrote:Another question. I know minor races declare war and bomb. Now minors got trooptransporter. Will minors be able to invade?`Would be a funny scenario.
I do not think this would happen :wink:

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

but is it possible? maybe someone can check this? (a job for stardust or Spocks-cuddly-tribble?)

In the endgame I notice that a minorrace have a ton of transporters & colony. Maybe it is possible that minors dosn't prefer to build this kind of ships when they get there population explosion. (buildcosts / maintance?)

It's a gift to any player in the early game to get a minor with alot of this ship-types but not in the later stage of a game.

In a mid-game or end-game it seems a bit silly that a minor have 8 transporters, 6x colonys and only 2 Fighters to guard 'em.

To another point... the AI & the Player are not able to rebuild a Flagship after the ship is destroyed - right?

Is it possible to give that ship some kind of attitude like 'ones per empire'? I think you know what I point with this question. I notice that the AI lose there Flagship in Turn 25 while bombing a minor or something like that. Thats bad and ruin' the military power of the major.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

this would require complete rewrite of AI behavour. so at this time I doubt it would be attempted. this would not be just a code change.

But I have been wrong before :wink:

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

*bump* I edit my last post & write down some more questions. (Yes, I know, I'm exhausting / handful.) :-(
thunderchero wrote:this would require complete rewrite of AI behavour. so at this time I doubt it would be attempted. this would not be just a code change.
But the minors already bomb if they declare a war. (I already saw that...) So I was thinking ... if a transporter is in that Formation its a automaticly procedure that the invade start... damn... but it would be a quit cool feature.

For now I go a bit outside so you have time to relaxing from my questions. I hope to see some developer pics of the current Flagship mod. :D
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

From how I understand this game from posts I've read along the way Gh0st the AI empires have a different set of settings for building ships to what the minors have.

I know there was a post somewhere that goes into some detail about the different build sets the empires use depending on how the game's going and that dictates what ships get built.

Found it: viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=707

As far as I know, the AI controlling the minor races has none of this, just a simple command saying something along the lines of 'If the race teach level is high enough then start building their type of ship they have.'

But like with a lot of things in this game, things have cropped up in the code that suggest the designers may well have been thinking of stuff but never had the time to develop it fully.

PS: nice to be mentioned alongside Spock's Cuddly Tribble, but he's a heck of a lot smarter than I am with this :lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st wrote:In the endgame I notice that a minorrace have a ton of transporters & colony. Maybe it is possible that minors dosn't prefer to build this kind of ships when they get there population explosion. (buildcosts / maintance?)

It's a gift to any player in the early game to get a minor with alot of this ship-types but not in the later stage of a game.

In a mid-game or end-game it seems a bit silly that a minor have 8 transporters, 6x colonys and only 2 Fighters to guard 'em.
DCER has just found code in exe for AI major ship building but no codes have been found for AI minors ship building if there is one.
Gh0st wrote:To another point... the AI & the Player are not able to rebuild a Flagship after the ship is destroyed - right?

Is it possible to give that ship some kind of attitude like 'ones per empire'? I think you know what I point with this question. I notice that the AI lose there Flagship in Turn 25 while bombing a minor or something like that. Thats bad and ruin' the military power of the major.
The flagship is important. but it is not the end all of game,
But to anwser your question building a flagships after it has been destroyed would be "no".

I do not think code would be possible at this time.
Also AI would cheat......and build more than one :wink:

creating a way to have a non buildable ship used part of "special ship" code that Utopia Planitia used. DCER AI building exe changes, and with gowrons help changing type of starting ship. So this is running a tight rope just working correctly right now.

thunderchero

Return to “Flagship Mod”