Multi FlagShip mod Beta released 5-3-2009

Flagship Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Well I got very little done today on flagship mod :wink:

I did setup DCER latest code for building minors and was able to keep flagship unbuildable. :D

you will now be able to build your ships at minor systems and any minor ships that race may have (if any).

You can build minor ships only if they are members

any subjugated systems minors or major race "Your ships can only be built"

The tech when minor becomes a member will not increase. so if ship upgrade is available later, you would be unable to build upgrade.

Now this will open many new options for more minor ships and or upgrades. (oh boy more work 8O ) But I enjoy a challenge :twisted:

so check back soon for more info :wink:

(will I ever release next version of flagship mod :roll: )

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

(will I ever release next version of flagship mod Rolling Eyes )
I hope so. But, there are still two minor ships pictures missing in the list - isn't it?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st wrote:
(will I ever release next version of flagship mod Rolling Eyes )
I hope so. But, there are still two minor ships pictures missing in the list - isn't it?
3 ships are missing for old code not sure how many I will need now :wink:

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

thunderchero wrote:3 ships are missing for old code not sure how many I will need now :wink:
thunderchero wrote:Now this will open many new options for more minor ships and or upgrades. (oh boy more work Shocked )
Hmmm,... I'm not sure if I understand this correctly. Your sentences let me think someone manage to expent the shiplist (more than 250?). Do you guys find a way hive/divest the minor ships from the normal list?!
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

no we no longer need a colony and troop transport per minor

thunderchero
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Thunder

You say that a subjigated system can only build your ships, does this mean that you can no longer build other empires ships from their systems?
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

sean_west wrote:Thunder

You say that a subjigated system can only build your ships, does this mean that you can no longer build other empires ships from their systems?
This is correct. only minor ships can be built at there system and only if they are members. and your ships can be built along side minor ships in minors system.

example:
you are federation
vulcan is your member
you will be able to build vulcan ships and your ships at vulcan. vulcan ships can only built at vulcan.
edo is your member
they have no ships so you can only build fed ships at edo (as vanilla)
any subagated system minor or major race you can only build fed ships (as vanilla)

Now I have been tring to test if you get vulcan as a member build 20 ships. then declare war on vulcan (break membership) you do keep the 20 vulcan ships. I want to know if vulcan will start to increase tech levels after breaking membership so you can get them back as members later with upgraded ship? I went about 100 turns before I gave up on last test with no results.

this will happen in next update.

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I got an idea :idea:

I was removing the no longer needed colony and troop transports for minors and thought of this;

since the Bandi and Mintakans will not get warships :D
Edo will also get no warship (edo guardian)

I will give them Resettlement Ship (colony ship)

first 40,000-60,000 cost :wink: maybe more?
gives max terreformed population when it is used to colonize a system 8O any system :wink:
40 industry (regardless of population)
15 food

EDIT:
I am also thinking about giving 2 minor races mega troop transports?
but what 2 races from vanilla? Nausicaans, Sheliak, Takarans, Angosian?

also I have removed upgrades for minors they will be stronger (more important on lower tech starts) but strong enough to be worth keeping and building on higher levels. This will make first contact on lower levels should be made with Flagship :wink:

With the changes above I will only need to work on shiplist and scale and should be able to release next version. 8O also will leave some room to edit ships by user only 1-4 models.
I could have added a few more minor ships, but would have had to remake almost all of the major ships so they would share more phaser slots :cry:

any thoughts?

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I think Nausiccans and Angosians are no brainers for the TT's. Nausicaans love a good punch up and the Angosians have the genetically engineered super troops :)

I also like the idea of the souped up colony ship, though with the Mintakans you need to do something about ther tech level advancement because they never seem to advance to a point where they'll build ships in Vanilla.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

stardust wrote:I think Nausiccans and Angosians are no brainers for the TT's. Nausicaans love a good punch up and the Angosians have the genetically engineered super troops :)

I also like the idea of the souped up colony ship, though with the Mintakans you need to do something about ther tech level advancement because they never seem to advance to a point where they'll build ships in Vanilla.
Nausiccans and Angosians was my first choice too :wink:

Mintakans tech has already been fixed :D

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

I was removing the no longer needed colony and troop transports for minors and thought of this;
Okay, thats a good choise in exchange of space for some better warships.
since the Bandi and Mintakans will not get warships Very Happy
Edo will also get no warship (edo guardian)

I will give them Resettlement Ship (colony ship)
Yeah, I this was confusing me before. Also a good change.
EDIT: I am also thinking about giving 2 minor races mega troop transports?
but what 2 races from vanilla? Nausicaans, Sheliak, Takarans, Angosian?
Ye-Ha! Thats a top idea! Cool new feature & a great expant for strategy.
also I have removed upgrades for minors they will be stronger (more important on lower tech starts) but strong enough to be worth keeping and building on higher levels. This will make first contact on lower levels should be made with Flagship
hm... they start with better ships at a lower tech-level? But they are still taff enough at tech 8 - 10? Okay

Overall I think some new minors would be a better choise to embrace with this new ideas. Yes, I know ... I always want another UDM. :)
I have a better relation to this minors. Some of the Vanilla are totaly lazy. We need Breens, Son'a & Co. Some brillant models are already made. :-/
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

Something different,...

i remember me that someone think about the problem of missing space at buildings. he want to change to upgrates for farms, factory, energy etc only every second tech-level. Is there any break through?

is there any plan for this mod in this way? maybe the free buildings could been used as some new (second) minor special buildings?! I like this [url=ttp://www.trekmania.net/temp_files/botf_races ... wn_new.htm]table[/url] for the Supremacy project. perhaps we can take some of this buildings and stats?!
Last edited by Gh0st on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st,

to add new minors like breen, sona ect would add 1-2 months before release. adding new sounds editing lexicon and all other changes needed.

I will be honest about this mod,
I started this mod as more of a trial area for new ideas for UCW2.0, I had no idea it would be this popular.

I would almost consider turning over development of this mod to right person. I just don't have the time for all the ideas that could be used in this mod.

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Well I can get the minor races sorted out at any rate.
I'm still learing when it comes to modding, where things are and what they do, and I'm still weak when it comes to hex editing.

But if no one else comes forward who's more experienced I'll be willing to take this on if it means you can get on with UCW2.0 etc Thunderchero.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Here is first official Beta release of Flagship mod :D

changes from last version:
most minors have 1 ship most warships, 2 super colony ships, and 1 ? (hint: Bynars + name of mod)
most lexicon has been edited (I hope)
ship stats have been adjusted minors will be over powering (stronger than all ships) on lower tech starts. but still very useful til end of game. (I hope)
DCER's latest minor ship building code. Now minor ships may only be built if they are members.
(Note this mod at present is only compatable with 7.0dev3 UE).

Beta Flagship Mod

Edit:
Still left to do....
scale all ships
new names and descriptions for many major ships.
anything else I have forgoten

thunderchero

Return to “Flagship Mod”