Multi FlagShip mod Beta released 5-3-2009

Flagship Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Multi FlagShip mod Beta released 5-3-2009

Post by thunderchero »

This file is now part of the BOTF All in One 1.0.0 installer

Hi Everyone,

Here is first official Beta of Flagship mod :D

changes from last version:
most minors have 1 ship most warships, 2 super colony ships, and 1 ?
most lexicon has been edited (I hope)
ship stats have been adjusted minors will be over powered on lower tech starts. but still very useful til end of game. (I hope)
DCER's latest minor building code. Now minor may only be built if they are members (Note this mod at present is not compatable with UE.

Beta Flagship Mod

I have created a mod that uses a Flag Ship as your starting ship. The flag ship can not be built by human or AI so you only get one per race per game.

I am hoping this will be used in next tournament so just wanted to get some opinions first.

mod background:

Base is 1.0.3 modified
Trades routes have been lowered so you get 1 trade route per 309 population so each home system will have at least 1.
The Ferengi Franchise Office has been decreased to 2 trade routes.
Flag Ship stats are based on command ship II for each race most stats were doubled and some were tripled.
All flag ships have med range speed of 3 scan of 3
Flag ship mantiance was cut to less than half of command ship II.

Now the 2 drawbacks I have seen.

1. when going into battle it will group the flag ship with all other fast attack ships.

2. When in battle and slecting flag ship it shows type as fast attack.

The way flag ships were added was.

first copies of command ship II for each race. Renamed and edited and selected as special ships

Utopia Planitia bonus changed to industry

trek exe was edited to show structure 318 (there is none) for build special ships at 0xF31DB. 0xF31D0 to 0x74 and 0xF31CF to 0x05 for all races to have special ships.

I also used DCER's How the AI decides what ship type to build to stop AI from building Flag Ships.

Changed scouts to fast attack same as destroyers. (this could also have AI building more destroyers than scouts)

lexicon edited for discriptions.

check it out and tell me what you think. also this is beta version. and has limited testing.

planned updates could be:
improved ship models (low poly)
correct discriptions (if possible)
more total starting system increase (maybe 25-50%)
auto upgrade for outpost to starbase?
starting home systems increase t1 1 systems, t2 2 systems, t3 3 systems, t4 4 systems and t5 5 systems.
More minor ships?

Also I might be rename to Multi-player mod?

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Sun May 03, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

You're the man :-) Sounds promising.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

hmmm... I ain't going agaisnt that ship one on one :lol:

Just one thing though...The object of the game is to remove your oppoent's flagship, presumably by destroying it.

What if they have it stolen / destroyed via intel?

Ah well, this'll give me a break from other things i've been doing at any rate :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

stardust wrote:hmmm... I ain't going agaisnt that ship one on one :lol:

Just one thing though...The object of the game is to remove your oppoent's flagship, presumably by destroying it.

What if they have it stolen / destroyed via intel?

Ah well, this'll give me a break from other things i've been doing at any rate :)
I would suggest protecting it with intel security :wink:

thunderchero
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

After installing I tried to launch and the game aborted because of a missing DLL. I uninstalled and tried again to install to C:\BotF\Flag but same error message.

I got it (it was mcc32.dll) but a procedure error message appeared.

No starting possible for me yet. :(
Last edited by captaindusk on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Ah the poor, poor cardies....

I've just sent my federation flagship against their fleet of 30 cruisers, destroyers and an outpost just for the sheer fun of it.

If the Cardies had stood and fired they could have had me....but they ran off and had cripes knows how many torpedoes obliterate them.

Haven't seen any of the AI flagships yet, but so far so fun and no problems thus far :)

My 4shared folder
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

captaindusk wrote:After installing I tried to launch and the game aborted because of a missing DLL. I uninstalled and tried again to install to C:\BotF\Flag but same error message.

I got it (it was mcc32.dll) but a procedure error message appeared.

No starting possible for me yet. :(
Ok reinstalling 1.02 and installing the Flaghip Mod worked out fine. Problem solved. Thanks TC.
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Thunder,

I assume that you have set the Flag Ship as a scout class to give it a sensor advantage, and thats why you scouts are now fast attack. This is why she is grouped with the other fast attack vessels. I would imagine that to correct this, you would need to "upgrade" the scout class to a command type vessel within trek.exe Whether this is possible or not?

Also, your scouts will loose their advantage in battle.

if you do decide to go into the exe looking for it, may i suggest looking for a way to give the command cruiser class the battle sensor ability.

You will also need to use an individual name group, to allow the ship to be generated with the correct name.

You may want to also look for a way of stopping the AI from scrapping it for cash.

I think that this will be a great mod, which could be expanded to include several upgrades at regular tech levels, this way, you can start a game on T1 and progress to T10 without having a super duper ship at start which gets out matched.

I wonder if Gowron has unlocked the secret codes for the victory conditions?????
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Nice to see you back sean :D dx-chaos,enterprise and myself have just tested the flag ship mod in mp.Not a "real" game, we just loaded up a small map and got all 3 flag ships,fed ,kling and card in one sector as soon as poss.Guess who won :)
We saved and reloaded several times but the klings were unbeatable 1 v 1 or even 1v 2 , the only time klings lost was 1 v 2 with klings un cloaked and it was close ,cards blown to bits and feds almost destroyed.
I love the idea behind this mod,but i think the kling flag ship is "a little overpowered" :) we'll try the rom and ferg flag ships next time, but great idea Thunder ,you've come up with another little gem :D
cheers
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

sean_west wrote:Thunder,

I assume that you have set the Flag Ship as a scout class to give it a sensor advantage,

no, this was done because it is only ship given at the start of game at all tech levels.
sean_west wrote:and thats why you scouts are now fast attack.

scouts were grouped with destroyers as fast attack to allow editing of lexicon for flagship
sean_west wrote:This is why she is grouped with the other fast attack vessels. I would imagine that to correct this, you would need to "upgrade" the scout class to a command type vessel within trek.exe Whether this is possible or not?

I am hoping this is possible to correct to command ship or even better a ship type all to itself for flag ship.
sean_west wrote:You may want to also look for a way of stopping the AI from scrapping it for cash.

I will look into seeing if AI will scrap a ship with the value of 0
sean_west wrote:I think that this will be a great mod, which could be expanded to include several upgrades at regular tech levels, this way, you can start a game on T1 and progress to T10 without having a super duper ship at start which gets out matched.
I like the idea, But since flag ships are set to special ships without any structure for building them. (This is how flag ships will not be in ship build list.) This might not be so easy to do.
sean_west wrote:I wonder if Gowron has unlocked the secret codes for the victory conditions?????
I Don't Know
carcher wrote:I love the idea behind this mod,but i think the kling flag ship is "a little overpowered"
"a little overpowered" is an understatment :wink:
stats were done very quick and main reason for beta testing. I used vanilla base and multipied so small advantages became big advantages :wink:
This will be adjusted if not addressed in other ways as well.

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

got an update ready for more testing :wink:

changes: (so many I hope I remember all of them) :lol:

starting home systems (thinking about lowering by 1 system maybe 2) Thanks to Gowron :wink:
start 1- 2 systems (home and 1 other) tech 1
start 2- 3 systems (home and 2 other) tech 3
start 3- 4 systems (home and 3 other) tech 5
start 4- 5 systems (home and 4 other) tech 7
start 5- 6 systems (home and 5 other) tech 10 (tech 9 structures)

Flag Ship is only ship used by fast attack group (now named Flag Ship).
scout, destroyer, strike were all joined into one group (now named general group).
this now corrects all descriptions for flag ship.
Note: added side effect is AI builds best ships available even more. at higher level I have seen very few scouts and destroyers and more strike.
Flag ship has now 4 upgrades
at tech 1 Flag Ship I
at tech 3 Flag Ship II
at tech 5 Flag Ship III
at tech 7 Flag Ship IV
at tech 10 Flag Ship V
Flag ship stats were decreased for tech 10 as well as other levels.
Cloak advantage given to romulans at tech 5 (flag ship III)
Cloak advantage given to klingons at tech 7 (flag ship IV)
speed and scan range starts low for flag ship and increases when upgraded.

Their was one drawback to all the changes the 3rd ship that was given at start 5 is no longer given, you get flag ship and a colony ship only on all start levels.

Note: the settings I am using will cause error message when UE is used to edit ships (UE does not know code that is used) this could cause errors adding ships. Minor stat changes seem to be not effected only if trek.exe is edited this should cause problems.

Here is link:

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Ã-hm Ferengi with 12 flag ships? What's going on here? They just built 12 Flag Ships in my game with Krazee.
Last edited by captaindusk on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

seems like the Ferengi trade route bug is back. but in an other form. The Ferengi now has 12 Flagships. This is a little bit unfair :lol:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

KrazeeXXL and Captaindusk,

just did a quick look not seeing any reason for this could you send me a save?

I did find one more check here is updated link

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Ahh good old AI getting their flagship wiped out :lol:

Feds decided to use their flagship as a scout and ran right into my Vor'Cha flag that i thought i had fairly well hidden away deep in my empire.

Just a shame the AI can't surrender afterwards :twisted:

My 4shared folder

Return to “Flagship Mod”