Question about the NO upgrades mod?

No Building Upgrades Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Question about the NO upgrades mod?

Post by Dewbacca »

I hate I put you thru that excellent explanation of how the patcher works.

You missed a point though... when you download the "patch" you have to put it in a folder for the patcher to find.

I put the patches in the correct folder, and the drop down menu was directed to that folder, proper trek.exe was opened.

That gave me 3 production modification patches. the old XX one, which was already applied to the NBUL trek.exe, and the 2 new ones. I had not applied the 2 new ones, but patcher showed them installed anyway.

So I removed the original by the removal process you outlined above. That "removed" all 3 patches from the .exe. I tried various configurations to ONLY INSTALL THE NEWEST PATCH, either all 3 were installed, or none were. So I deleted all 3 patches FROM THE FOLDER IN QD's PATCHER and reinstalled the 2 new ones INTO THE FOLDER WHERE BOF PATCHER GETS ITS PATCHES. Now they do not show in the patcher when viewing the correct folder and correct .exe.

The files are in the folder BOF patcher is reading, and it is directed to the correct .exe, but they DO NOT SHOW IN THE PATCHER. I have reviewed the files and they seem proper, no reason they wouldn't be read, it's reading every other .patch file in that folder, and it read them when I first attempted to apply them.

I'll try to edit in some pictures later if that is needed.

Unrelated but fun fact... if you set trek.exe to "build minors ships" in UE, it crashes to desktop when you attempt to open the shipyards on a minor with no ships. Makes perfect sense, but I wish I had a pic of my face when it happened.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

thunderchero wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:07 am time stamp is system created and does not represent if file is older or newer or out of date
When I say "oldest patch" I mean the ORIGINAL production patch posted years ago that I have used many times.

The one found here, posted in 2018. viewtopic.php?f=181&t=238&p=49015&hilit ... ing#p49015

A question related to the "morale bonus" we are trying to show... is it still there despite not being displayed? I think it is but have not confirmed it.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

The only thing I would suggest is to create a new folder for patches and only place the new patches in it to see if they display.

or better yet re-download patches to new folder.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

I had hoped to get some of these issues worked out before the next release so I'll do that,
Full reinstall of NBU, full reinstall of QD's patcher and patch files coming right up.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

did it also fix your energy and morale issue?

Return to “No Building Upgrades Mod”