Crash logs and solutions

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Thanks TC. Upon closer inspection on UE it is a corrupt tga image for romulan outpost. I think what happened was on UE I wanted to make outposts auto upgrade into starbases but on a T5 game the AI built an outpost instead of a starbase which caused a CTD when I went to click on it. I reloaded my backup and and removed the upgrade for the starbase from outpost. Thanks TC for the quick response. :)
Dimili
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Crash logs and solutions

Post by Dimili »

Hi i am new here my game crashed here is my log not sure if i am doing this right

-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Sat Jul 23 14:08:45 2011

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\ui\tactical\sfx.cpp, Line: 1047, 0
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1311314973
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 148
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Dimili wrote:Hi i am new here my game crashed here is my log not sure if i am doing this right

-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Sat Jul 23 14:08:45 2011

File: ..\..\source\ui\tactical\sfx.cpp, Line: 1047, 0
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1311314973
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn Number: 148
Yes you posted correctly, But this looks like a random combat crash. This is not uncommon for BOTF.

but if this is a reoccurring error you would need to give more info. mod if any, ship models involved, when in combat this happens and any thing else to help look at error.

thunderchero
Dimili
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Dimili »

ya I am use to the botf random crashes, but thsi one happens alot in the Mod called Ultimate Mod 4, its a really good mod. But it seems to crash alot during ship combat. When theres alot of ships involved (example more then 5) I notice it crashes alot when it inolves a space station too. I have one battle that it always crashes in combat.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Dimili wrote: I notice it crashes alot when it inolves a space station too. I have one battle that it always crashes in combat.
I would be happy to look into it but would need more info.

first I suggest if you are not already to uninstall and reinstall using software mode for multi main. then all mods installed after that will use software mod.

have you done any editing of game?

next has any ships been added?

keep track of ship models involved

and if crash repeats every time when reloaded create a save before battle. and send it to me.

thunderchero
Dimili
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Dimili »

okay just a bit confused, :P First are u asking me to uninstall all the mods and then reinstall or is there a special way your asking?

Next i havent editted anything, I havent added any ships i just use the mod that i downloaded thats it.

I also do have it saved on the turn just before the crash so every time i do that battle it crashes unless i auto battle of course. But no way I am letting the Klingons win a battle they dont deserve! :P BTW I love this Mod I like that not all the ships are like god mod where almost any ship does decent . Kinda like real star trek hehe
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Dimili wrote:okay just a bit confused, :P First are u asking me to uninstall all the mods and then reinstall or is there a special way your asking?
in the main BOTF folder open stbof.ini with a note pad if 3D=SOFTWARE no you do not need to uninstall everything. but if it says DIRECT3D you could try uninstalling everything and installing using software option. if software double check the UM4 folders the stbotf.ini file in each folder that they are both set to 3D=SOFTWARE.

thunderchero
Dimili
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Dimili »

Yep i looked at both, both are set to 3D=SOFTWARE
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

I have this crash popping up in a test game for UDM4: :(

ST:BOF Wed Oct 19 06:34:37 2011

File: ..\..\source\ui\tactical\sfx.cpp, Line: 1300, healthRatio <= 1.0
Player Empire: 4 Starting Seed: 1318616421
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 1
Turn Number: 214

I noticed this log reported earlier in this thread but no solution and I thought maybe someone has discovered a reason for this recently. The battle is occurring over a system Romulan vs Dominion. Romulans have 1 outpost1 and 4 Sona cruisers (membered Sona so Rom ownership) vs 15 enforcerII 5 heavy cruiserI 2 strike cruiser1 44 destroyer2 and three TT1. All models involved are UDM3 ship pack models scaled differently (not all at 150% scale). Beams use Tethys phaser pack but resized differently (made smaller). Stats were increased most noticeably in agility, defense, torp strength, and shield and hull points. TBH now that I think about it I think some stats have decimals attached to them from rounding in UE. Could this be the cause maybe? Any insight is appreciated and if I am missing any further info needed let me know. :)

Edit: Combat distance was also increased for fighting outposts
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

xDx are you really 4 days into the future? (judging by your crash log date :lol:)

Anyway, funny you should post this, Im getting this error too in my mod today (and in the past). It may have something to do with phaser pack, I will need to look into it. For now I suggest using vanilla phaser hobs, and see if the error persists.

The phaser pack was made with little understanding and only hex editing, locations for colors may collide with unknown locations that may have been missed, but anyone can improve upon them if they know a little more about it.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

xDx are you really 4 days into the future? (judging by your crash log date :lol:)
My motherboard is starting to fail me (the Bios clock does not keep correct time). I am gonna change all phaser hobs to UDM3 ones and see if that corrects the problem. The thing is that the game CTD when I click the fight button not when phasers go to fire in battle. Clicking auto resolves the battle so I thought maybe the decimals in the ship stats may have something to do with it. The decimals are not intentional they were overlooked by me when I did group edit changes in UE. Anyways I will make both changes at some time today and post what I come up with. BTW your phaser pack Tethys does work for battles and with varying models from different creators (Breens ships, Angel, RobertDafore, TC and even Dafedz and Jigglypuff older models. So I wouldnt discount your phaser pack completely yet. :wink:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

xDx wrote:File: ..\..\source\ui\tactical\sfx.cpp, Line: 1300, healthRatio <= 1.0
Tethys wrote:Im getting this error too in my mod today (and in the past).
Write 1000 times:

"I shall not use a shiplist.sst file with even one lower nominal hull than the current hullpoints in my savegame."

@ Admin - I request the forced special rank "Pakled Alert" (for a week) for such cases (at least for long time members). :idea:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
@ Admin - I request the forced special rank "Pakled Alert" (for a week) for such cases (at least for long time members). :idea:
If you are referring to me I have not been modding as a long time member so I don't see the point in this statement.
Write 1000 times:

"I shall not use a shiplist.sst file with even one lower nominal hull than the current hullpoints in my savegame."
I made no changes to the savegame itself so again I don't know what this means as well.

I apologize for my noobish nature in regards to modding so perhaps when I have questions I will send PMs to the admins for all my questions without using the lackluster search function on this site (which I do use in excess unlike many on here). If a person does not have the time to appropriately answer my question then please do not respond with derogatory statements as an answer.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

In that case you decreased the nominal hull of at least one ship, station or monster below its current hullpoints stored in the gshiplist i.e. save game. This results in something like a hull overload i.e. your ship has more than 100% of its hull strenght -> impossible -> crash.

If it's still too abstruse, I'm sure someone else will try to explain more elaborated for you.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”