UE issue

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Spychotic
Ensign
Ensign

UE issue

Post by Spychotic »

Hi all,

I've been playing around with UE 0.7.1a, specifically the galaxy editor, and have come across an interesting issue.

When I change a planet type, for example from Barren to Arctic, then play the game, I am still able to build former planet-specific structures like (in this example) Wind Turbines. There's no obvious reason for this; in my example, the planet is listed in UE and in game as the new Arctic planet type, there's no planet in system listed as Barren, yet I can still build Wind Turbines.

I also tend to get crashes a lot, so I havn't got far enough to be able to tell if I can build Arctic-only structures such as Charge Collectors.

I have absolutely no idea why it might be doing this. Does anyone with more knowledge of the game code have some ideas?

Regards,

Spike
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: UE issue

Post by Peter1981 »

IIRC this is also occurs as a bug when the random event positive/negitive climate shift happens. The original planet attribute and new planet attribute are both considered coexistant even if there are no other of the former planet type left in the system. This is probably because a bit isn't being cleared correctly. and I'd guess UE doesn't do this either.
Kerric
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Kerric »

IIRC if you are changing a planet type in a savegame, it does not alter the the type specific structures you can build. Changing a barren to an arctic will not get you charge collectors, and you will still be able to build wind turbines. The same goes for other planet specific structures.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hi Kerric,

I've updated UE to set the system requirement flags. Try the 0.7.2dev5b version, open the saved game, then run Check Integrity. You should see some related warnings on the list - then save. Let me know if it solves your problem.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”