BOTF and The Future

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
JeanNYGUARD
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

BOTF and The Future

Post by JeanNYGUARD »

Hey guys...

just wanted to post a topic about BOTF since I haven't done so in a while. One thing on my mind is the :O AMAZING work you modders have done on BOTF. You took BOTF and almost basically made it another game entirely. A much much better game.

One question I have is ... can we go any further?

I know you guys brought up the BOTF resolution to 1024x768, which I think was originally 800x480. You guys also put in tons of new ships, models, effects into the game which are amazing. You increased The Map size greatly ( MY PERSONAL FAVORITE :) ), as well as added TONS of other AWESOME features.

So what else can we do?

I know one of you guys is redoing the tactical engine... which I CANT wait to see. But beyond that?

I have some ideas.... would any of these be possible?

1. Redesign of The UI

2. Optimizing The Game for it to work on Mac OS X, Win 7 & 8, & Linux OS'es.

3. Bug fixes ( Im having a issue with my BOTF where my mouse lags throughout the screen... to the point where the game freezes for 5-20 seconds - Using Parallels 7 with Windows XP)

4. Adding more playable races

5. Making a even bigger Map ;) - ( What can I say I love my universe BIG lol )

& Most Important... A BETTER AI

Thanks guys
Your Fan
Jean
SteveR
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: BOTF and The Future

Post by SteveR »

Mouse lag is not an issue if you turn off system names.
Boar25
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: BOTF and The Future

Post by Boar25 »

I am new to the site and I think it's great! I always wished I could change the Ferengi to the Dominion but never knew how. Then I discover this site and it's a reality! One other thing I wish you could do would be to be able to place the 5 major Powers on the map where ever you like and then place the sub species anywhere as well. I am not smart enough to make a mod but if anyone could do this that would be great I think. Great work everyone who made the changes from a good game to an even better game, thank you!

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”