a few of peculiar issues.

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

a few of peculiar issues.

Post by jonesie85two »

hello all, I have a few of peculiar issues.

1/ Duplicated buildings in teh buildings lists. Scanners, In the available buildings list there would be two scanners or isolinear scanners if one is added to the build queue. They both disapear. How would i go about fixing that.

2/ Two sectors seperated by half a galaxy. a fleet of bajoran scouts (3 ships) in one and a fleet of cruisers in the other (9+ ships). I set the bajoran scouts to move to a different secter then i click on the second sector. I see the 3 bajoran scouts (i only have 3 in the whole game). The duplicated bajoran scouts have replaced a fleet of equal size. I confirmed that i was viewing each sector seperately. The 'glitch' occured only when the scouts were set to bombard a star system.

3/ About the military score system. I would simply have 150+ cruisers or better with a military score/percentage of 40%+ then the next turn i would have 0-5% I have not lost any ships and all minor race ships have been allocatet (membered, conquered or destroyed). Im assuming its the issue featured in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2291&sid=e1d0105760 ... c0f59590ca

I have followed the instructions for the military score fix/workaround. I have not played through a new game yet but i would like to know if i have chosen the correct fix for the job.

Thank you for your time and patience.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: a few of peculiar issues.

Post by thunderchero »

1. first scanner limit is 4 total, next make sure all are set for correct upgrade. then make sure they are given to correct races at correct tech level via edit/starting conditions/starting buildings. then via edit/starting conditions/starting technology auto set all.

2. sounds like a saved game bug doubt if any thing can be done unless you try to edit the saved game (not suggested)

3. that is the only patch for scores, But the way BOTF calculates them is really bad and even that post states;
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: :!: Warning :!:

Albeit the displayed economic & military percentages are based on the results of sub 44EC20 & 44EE20, they are biased (i.e. incorrect) due to some distracting influences. Therefore, it is to examine whether the approach of lower base values requires further adjustments.

Also note there is a mod independent bug when meeting an other empire before turn 3. In that case the empire status intel screen shows just question marks instead of the percentage.
I would also guess you would need to start a new game for changes to take effect.

thunderchero

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”