colony ship production vaule

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
zoommooz
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

colony ship production vaule

Post by zoommooz »

Been playing around with the production value of colony ships, with the aim of slowing down terraforming.

When I set it to 1, terraforming was at its slowest, but colonization gives me ten farm buildings and ten production buildings.

When set to 2 (original value), terraforming quicker, but start buildings are 5 farm, 3 productions.

When set to three, terraforming quicker again, but start building 7 farm, 5 productions.

While I can see the correlation between production number an terraforming rate (low=slow, high=fast) I am a bit confused as to the building produced by colonization with the number above (specifically production value 1, the others make sense). Any idea's?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: colony ship production vaule

Post by thunderchero »

Hi zoommooz,

I am guessing you are editing a mod? it sound like UDM. if so the values have been edited for heavy colony ships to terraform slowest (@ production 1)with best buildings.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Re: colony ship production vaule

Post by adi »

There is no formula between the production value and how fast it terraforms or how many buildings you get when you colonize;
it is based on a table like:
Prod terraform buildings
1 100/turn 10*farms+ 10*ind

I think TC listed this table in the read-me of UDM3, but how to change the values, you will have to ask him

@TC, if this is done with simple hex editing, maybe it should be put in a patch for QD's patch tool; the script will then be easy enough for every one to adapt to change the table to their liking.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”