New to modding, some general questions

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Latetotheparty
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

New to modding, some general questions

Post by Latetotheparty »

Hi forum,

Been a BOTF fan for years, after playing the excellent Ultimate Dominion mod and recently trying the Ultimate Mod 5 I was inspired to give it a fgo myself.

If anything, I think there are aspects of both mods that should combine for an ultimate-ultimate mod! I love that minors are better equipped in Ul Mod, and have more than one special structure and I think like way there is only one level of building, ie you don't have to build ten levels of fabricator-makes new colonies much less time consuming. However, I think the Dominion mod has better ships & starbases.

So a few questions.

Can minors have more than 1 class of ship to build?

Are there any limits on the amount of ship types that a major race can have? ie, in Dom mod, Akira class upgrades to Prometheus class (IRRC). Can this be changed so both classes can be built.

I was thinking of modding the Dominion into a single Cardassian/Dominion Alliance faction. Any ideas for a suitable 5th great power?

Im sure I will have a few more questions, but for now, just saying hello.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: New to modding, some general questions

Post by thunderchero »

Latetotheparty wrote:Can minors have more than 1 class of ship to build?
yes, but minor will only build best available
Latetotheparty wrote:Are there any limits on the amount of ship types that a major race can have?

yes, scout, destroyer, cruiser, strike, command, colony, troop transport, outpost and starbase

aliens are only for monsters slots
Latetotheparty wrote:Akira class upgrades to Prometheus class
upgrades like your example are not required. this was done for balance.

have fun

thunderchero
Latetotheparty
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Latetotheparty »

Hi, thanks for the reply, love your mod by the way.
thunderchero wrote:
yes, but minor will only build best available
So if you were to member said minor, the multiple ship types would be available for building? I think this would be cool for the roleplaying aspects.

thunderchero wrote: yes, scout, destroyer, cruiser, strike, command, colony, troop transport, outpost and starbase
Just to clarify on this. Is there a limit on an amount per class, ie- can you have 2 different scouts, 5 destroyers, 8 cruisers etc etc all at once, if you were so inclined to mod them in?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Latetotheparty wrote:Just to clarify on this. Is there a limit on an amount per class, ie- can you have 2 different scouts, 5 destroyers, 8 cruisers etc etc all at once, if you were so inclined to mod them in?
you have 1 limit, 256 ships max in shiplist (including minors and monsters)

so if you have 10 monster (this does not change) and 10 minors, 5 colony (must have 1 per race) 5 TT's (must have 1 per race)
the remainder could be any thing you want, all scouts if you wanted. afaik

thunderchero
supertyp79
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by supertyp79 »

Hey guys!

It's me again bothering you with stupid questions. I'm still playing the UDM and i'm sorry to say that, but i don't like the Prometheus Class. Can i change something with the Hex- Editor to just keep the Akira Model, so that only the stats would change? And are there any Models for the Kelvin Timeline Dreadnought Class out there (USS Vengeance)? I wanna switch the Model with the Sovereign Class, because this design is a little boring. And if it's available, i'll need a step by step instruction to install, as always. Thanks a lot
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

hi supertyp79,

1. keeping Akira is simple with UE in ship stats just change the image for Prometheus Class to akira
from dropdown list change i_h3120.tga to i_hh4120.tga

2. no model is available Kelvin Timeline Dreadnought Class
supertyp79
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by supertyp79 »

Thanks a lot

For me this stuff is way harder to understand then Quantum Physics and it almost took me 1 hour to finish.
It's sad that there's no Kelvin Timeline Dreadnought, because there's already a USS Kelvin and a JJ Enterprise available. The USS Vengeance is the hell of a Dreadnought, i love its Design. It's like the Enterprise 1701 A and Sauron from LotR had a child and named it Vengeance. So one more question: Is somebody working on a ship pack for this? I guess that i'm not the only fan of this badass ship.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

supertyp79 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:00 am So one more question: Is somebody working on a ship pack for this? I guess that i'm not the only fan of this badass ship.
currently there are no ship models in production I know of

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”