Outposts and starbases...

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Outposts and starbases...

Post by jonesie85two »

Hello all, i hope you are all fine.

Anyway, i find that the AI rarely ever builds starbases... knowing that in my mod starbases act alot like the starbases in that episode of DS9 where its the station against the entire klingon fleet. i do value a good ole starbase.

So, what i did was remove outposts and have 5 levels of starbase. i changes the graphic button 'build outpost' to build starbase and made it so they auto upgrade from Mk 1 ro Mk 5. with recent changes to my mod... increase maintenance and build costs by 100% and reducing income by 115% (for faster turn time) i find myself in awe of how unique special and rare a good ole starbase is going to be... Thing original BOTF's EDO guardian to any normal ship (without cloak). i find myself in need of something like... say... hmmm... an out.... post Oo again.

a few questions:-

- How does the AI decide to upgrade an Outpost to a Starbase?
- Can i change any settings to alter the frequency of AI building starbases off of outposts?

- Is there a way for (if anything...) a human player to have both options? eg: you move a troop transport to sector blah blah... you decide to build a starbase rather than an outpost. You look at your troop transports order options list. rather than pick the lit up outpost option... you pick the lit up starbase option...

Thanks for your tme and patience fellas.

Jonesie
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Outposts and starbases...

Post by thunderchero »

removing upgrades (auto upgrade) has been done on a few mods and may be the best way, as for AI it seems to only build bases when they need protection, feel threatened or enemy system very close. (this is why smaller maps they tend to build more bases).

but no code has been found I know of to get AI to build more base.

just a note on auto upgrade bases, don't have too much difference in maintenance costs between upgrades or human players will go negative credits when they upgrade. But same can happen on ship upgrades. :wink:
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Outposts and starbases...

Post by jonesie85two »

Thanks for the info :-)

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”