A small CTD, any ideas on what is causing it.

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

A small CTD, any ideas on what is causing it.

Post by jonesie85two »

Hello all

Ok, Short story. Running my own mod. 4 successful play-throughs. On the 5th at turn 35 to 36 there is a CTD and no crash log data.

Now... what causes it. A ship is built out of a star system about to be attacked by a Klingon fleet. If i build this ship on turn 34 the game will crash on processing to turn 36. If i build this ship (or any other ship) on turn 35. the turn processes succesfully to turn 36. If i build a building on turn 34 the turn processing to turn 36 works fine.

A little on whats happening in that system. A modded minor race system. the Son'a. Unfortunately i do not remember the original race. They have become my members and the Klingon Empire does not approve. They are ammasing a fleet of cloaked ships in the Son'a system from turn 32. By turn 34 they have a small fleet of mixed vessels (mostly fast attack), no more than 18 ships with 2 troop transports. if i avoid the CTD they will attack the system between turn 35-36. If i position my rag tag bunch ships that are in the area of Son'a from turn 34 or 35 the Klingon fleet disperses.

It is a lightly defended system:-

- 7 Orbital Batteries.
- Shield Generator.
- Bunker Network.
- 2 (End-Game) command vessels (Cloaked)
- 2 Destroyers (like the defiant from teh original game... also cloaked).
- 4 Survey Cruisers (Kinda like Advanced Light Cruisers, think Voyager).
- 9 troop transports (for rush building a starbase, sadly the enemy arrived before it was finished).
- 5 Colony Ships (Safest place for them at that time).

Anyway, any ideas of what could be causing the glitch/CTD?

Thanks for your time fellas.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: A small CTD, any ideas on what is causing it.

Post by thunderchero »

tbh, I doubt if building a ship on turn 34 would cause a crash on turn 36. I would expect the extra ship causes AI to change tactic causing crash.
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: A small CTD, any ideas on what is causing it.

Post by jonesie85two »

Yeah, chose not to build a ship on that turn from that particular star system... 30 turns on. Klingon are my ally and all is well with the universe. Im just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks for your responce. Appreciated.

- Jonesie

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”