Colony starting Buildings

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
_3_of_5_H
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Colony starting Buildings

Post by _3_of_5_H »

Hi there,

I've read so many posts regarding how to change the number of starting buildings of new colonies, but I really don't understand what to do. Since the users who answered some of the posts I've read haven't been active for years, I wanted to start a new thread for it.

I understand that I have to Hex edit the trek.exe to do what I'm asking for: To increase the number of Farms, Databanks, Universities etc. For example 20 each after colonization.
What I don't understand or know is: How and where. I just don't understand what is meant by all that values and Codes I have to change.

What I did since now is to edit the stbof.res to a level I like. I've also set that the heavy colony ship is the upgrade for the colony ship 2. But since then the heavy colony ship only builds 3 farms and 2 mass replicators. Bevore I've made that change it produced 10 Farms and 8 Mass Repicators or something like that.

I hope someone can help me with this...
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Colony starting Buildings

Post by thunderchero »

first more info will be needed,

you stated "heavy colony ship" what mod are you editing UDM?

1. colony ships have 10 possible "production" slots available in ship stats (0-9)

2. UDM uses this code change;
viewtopic.php?f=160&t=64#p33179
so new location for starting buildings of new colonies table should start at 0x18E2B8

since you have not explained exactly the changes you want to make, any further detailed instruction would be only a guess on my part.
_3_of_5_H wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 pm I've read so many posts regarding how to change the number of starting buildings of new colonies, but I really don't understand what to do. Since the users who answered some of the posts I've read haven't been active for years, I wanted to start a new thread for it.
It would be better if you continue your questions in that post, so if other members have same question they may learn from your editing questions.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”